Short Circuit Analysis for HV Three Phase Systems
What you'll learn
- At the end of this Course the student will understand the basic concepts of fault studies on a high voltage three phase system.
- The student will understand the methodologies of system faults and be able to analyse faults using symmetrical components.
- System modeling is then used to aid in the process, with the ability to move between asymmetrical and symmetrical systems.
- The student should have an understanding of the laws and theorems related to three phase electrical power systems, Per Unit Values and Symmetrical Components.
This Course “Short Circuit Analysis for HV Three Phase Systems” introduces the student to the basic concepts of fault studies on a high voltage three phase system. With the help of a quick review of “Per Phase” & “Per Unit” methodologies system faults are analyzed with the use of symmetrical components. System modeling is then used in order to aid in the process, with the ability to move between asymmetrical and symmetrical systems.
Who this course is for:
- The targeted audience is Managers, Engineers, Technologists, Maintenance Personnel working in the electrical power protection industry.
An entire career in the power sector of engineering, Graham graduated from Queen's university coupled with subsequent studies with Wilfrid Laurier University to travel the globe and apply his skills and garner his protection and control experience internationally.
His passion for staying in touch with his profession and his kinship for mentoring has kept him in front of an audience of learners.