Shibashi or Tachi qigong in 18 movements
What you'll learn
- Practitioners will learn the Shibashi or Taichi qigong in 18 movements, an embodiment practice and art form derived from the Yang Style Taiji Quan/ Taichi chuan
- Physically, they will gain more strength, flexibility and fluidity in the body. Their body will be fitter, more agile and feel more invigorated and energetic.
- Mentally, they will feel more calm, present, connected, joyful, focused and relaxed.
- They will know how to manage stress, pain and be in touch with their emotions without getting overwhelmed or derailed.
- Learning the sequence of the forms which also involves repeating each form six times, helps keep Alzheimer's at bay!
- Shibashi is known to help people with chronic back and knee conditions. It helps maintain body temperature, the functioning of all the internal organs.
- Open mindedness is the key for successful to learning.
- A cellphone/ computer or iPad and and internet connectivity is all that is required
- A quiet space is helpful and undivided 21 minutes of practice time everyday would be ideal!
- Clothing that is loose and comfortable to wear.
- Diligent practice everyday brings about best results!
Learn simple techniques to Release Stress and build Resilience with the practice of Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi – (Eighteen Movements Qigong)
Taiji Qigong in 18 movements for beginners is an easy to learn, slow and gentle, step by step introduction to Taiji. Anyone at any age and condition can lear this art form. It is a simple embodied practice that energises and heals the body, mind and spirit.
It comprises of just 18 forms and it could be learned in less than 2 months!
Taichi Qigong Shiba shi is for all ages and fitness levels. It is a low impact exercise that strengthens the bones, muscles and joints, ligaments.
It is safe for pregnant women people with joint problems, back pain, osteoporosis etc
Taichi Qigong Shiba shi is a graceful set derived from the Yang style Taiji. It is a simplified version of Taiji quan, using fewer forms, gentle, fluid movements and breathing techniques to bring you into a state of Tranquillity/ serenity.
As people from all walks of life are discovering, Taichi Qigong Sh iba shi gives you inner peace, joy and vitality and is a highly enjoyable way to stay relaxed and healthy.
Goals of the Training:
Regulate your Body- with Relaxation, Settling, Stabilisation.
The aim is to build a firm Root, keep your Centre, when you have a firm root and centre you balance your Body, make it relaxed and comfortable so Qi can flow freely. Root is primary for life. Relaxation of muscles allow the Qi channels to open. Yi ( wisdom Mind must be relaxed and calm. When the Yi coordinates with breathing and your body will relax.
3 levels of Relaxation
1. External/ Physical or Postural relaxation. Comfortable stance without strain in standing and moving.
2. Muscles and tendons with Yi directed deep into them and this helps open Qi channels Qi to sink and accumulate in the lower Dan Tien- the physical centre, theYou Gut/ the second brain
3. Final stage of relaxation reaches the internal organs and the bone marrow. You communicate with the internal organs in order to regulate qi disorders. Protect internal organs and slow down degeneration.
Regulate your Breath- learn how to breathe so breathing becomes Calm and smooth, it becomes deep, slender, long and Soft and mind mutually correspond and cooperates with breath. Mind will be peaceful, improve concentration and lead the Qi more efficiently.
Regulate your Mind- Keep the mind calm, peaceful, centred, balanced… allow the Mind to lead the Qi throughout the Body. Feeling, sensing, thinking objectively and , clearly. The Yi will be able to lead the Qi throughout your physical body.
“First you must be calm, then your mind can be steady, once your mind is steady, then you are at peace. Only when you are at peace, are you able to think and finally gain”
Regulate the Qi- once you have regulated your body, mind, and breathing… you would be able to get a sense of Qi distributed in the body and how to adjust it…At this stage, you would be able to open your Qi channels for the Qi to circulate freely and smoothly.
Regulate your Shen/ Spirit- deeper / higher practices neutrality and those seeking Stillness/ Quietude and enlightenment… you would then be able to maintain health and slow down aging process.
Who this course is for:
- The course is intended for Beginners who are interested in learning Taichi or Qigong or both art forms combined..
- People who want to learn simple and easy forms.
- Ideal for the young folks as well as for Elders!
- For people interested in overall good health and mental wellbeing.
- Anyone looking at slowing down, finding peace and calm within
- Shaping the body and maintaining it throughout life
- Anyon interested in wellness and Longevity.
- Tachi qigong in 18 movements is an artform that could be practices anywhere, anytime with no fancy equipment
ABOUT CICILY THOMAS
Certified Taiji Quan and Qigong Master, and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
Creator of the "Vital Force Taichi Academy LLP', a mind and body wellness academy Cicily Thomas is a certified Taiji Quan and Qigong Master, trained in China by Grand Master Fu Sheng Yuan and Master Fu Qing Quan, representing the fifth and sixth generations of the Yang family. Cicily also honed her Qigong skills, training with several teachers including the renowned Dr Yang Jwing Ming in California.
Cicily is also a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) based in India.
Her spiritual journey began more than 25 years ago through self-inquiry and a deep search for purpose and meaning for her very existence. For several years, she explored and practiced techniques including vipasana and zen. yoga, tai chi chuan, qigong, counselling, NLP, Gestalt Therapy, cranio-sacral Therapy, traditional Chinese as well as ayurvedic acupressure. She has drawn in the essence of ancient wisdom from these practices and blended them with the modern-day holistic healing approaches. For over two decades, she has been teaching tai chi chuan and qigong and, in the past fewyears, she has integrated Somatic Experiencing into her practice.
Tai Chi and Qigong
Cicily’s passion for health, wellness and vitality saw her establish the Vital Force Tai Chi Academy in Bangalore. Since 1998, she has been conducting Tai Chi and Qigong classes at four centers, imparting instruction to students of all ages and making a transformational change in their lives and lifestyles. The relaxing yet powerful movements of Tai Chi and the therapeutic benefits of Qigong have a restorative effect on all participants as they experience the balance and harmony resulting from a combination of breathing, aerobic and meditative exercises that teach one to embrace mind, body, soul and spirit.
Education and training
A graduate in Fine Arts from Stella Maris College, Chennai.
Cicily has completed a P.G. Diploma for Proficiency in Counselling from The United Theological College; the NLP Master Practitioner’s course; Gestalt Therapy with Dr. Richard P. McHugh; a postgraduate program in ‘Mothers, Babies and Children’ with Body Intelligence; and a postgraduate course in ‘Craniosacral Biodynamics: Deepening into practice - Coming to cause’ with the International Institute for Craniosacral Balancing.
Additionally, Cicily has completed a Teacher’s Training Course in Hatha Yoga and holds a Certificate in Acupressure Healing Science from the Acupressure Shodh Prashikshan Evam Upchar Sansthan in Allahabad, India.
Cicily has worked as a Commercial Attaché at the Indo-French Chamber of Commerce and taught French for over 15 years at The Alliance Française de Bangalore. She is also a coordinator for the French Association (Rencontres au Bout du Monde) in Sustainable Tourism.
Cicily has conducted sessions at multiple corporates over the years. A small list is presented below:Infosys
Dell (4 campuses)MediaTek, Wipro, Fuller Life