Shiatsu Massage- the Beginner's Guide to Doing Massage
What you'll learn
- After this shiatsu massage course, you will have a comprehensive knowledge and skillset to do shiatsu massages whether it is in your home or in your spa
- You will learn a specific shiatsu massage sequence but also know many techniques that enable you to do any sequence that you like.
- After this shiatsu massage course you will know how to use your body correctly so that you will be able to do many massages without becoming injured
- You will feel confident about your massage skills and the knowledge that you now have to be able to do excellent massages each and every time
- In this shiatsu massage course, you should wear loose comfortable clothing
- To do shiatsu massage, we do not use oils but as the massages are done on the floor you will need something soft to lie on such as a quilt/duna or several towels and or blankets-or if you have one, a 1-2 inch foam mattress/futon
"I truly love his teaching approach making it very easy to follow and accessible!" R.Z.
Wouldn't it be great to just be able to give your partner or friends or even your family a massage?
You don't have a massage table, or if you do, you don't feel like dragging it out and finding all of the massage oils etc. etc.
Well, here is the massage course for you!
This is a massage course for someone to learn basic shiatsu massage skills to be able to give a simple but very good massage to your friends, family or partner.
Mark has done massage for elite athletes, celebrities and even Presidents of Countries.
You are about to learn how to do Shiatsu massage and all you need in this course is some floor space, something soft to lie on such as some blankets or something similar, maybe a pillow or two and just wear some loose comfortable clothing. That-is-it!
Mark will guide you step by step and show you just how easy it is to give someone an amazing shiatsu massage experience.
Mark is an approved provider with NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork #857430)
As you will see, to give a great shiatsu massage you do not have to know lots of massage techniques. In fact, many massage therapists try to do too many massage strokes and end up doing them poorly.
You are going to learn how incredibly simple it can be to do fabulous shiatsu massages on your partner, friends, family or even your clients in your spa.
Furthermore, Shiatsu massage is one of those forms of massage that is not only delightful to get but also equally delightful to learn and do on someone.
This is a style of massage that has been performed by the Japanese for thousands of years and now is found in many of the World's best spas and now you are going to learn whop to perform this massage style.
It is performed without the use of oils and is done fully clothed on the floor. Traditionally a futon is used but as Mark shows you in this massage course, you can simply use some blankets or something similar to lie on.
Shiatsu practitioners in Japan may study for years on the many facets of shiatsu, however it is still possible to learn how to do this wonderful style of massage without the depth of knowledge that the serious Japanese massage therapist aspires to. In short, you can still give an amazing massage without years of diligent study.
Mark's Shiatsu massage course includes awareness of body posture, breathing and exercise.
Like acupuncture, Shiatsu stimulates the body’s vital energy (known as Qi or Ki).
Shiatsu really is a joy to learn.
Sit back and let Mark teach you the wonders of this incredible, centuries-old massage style so that you can then start giving your friends, family or partner massages too!
All of Mark's Course are accredited with the CTAA (Complementary Therapists Accredited Association).
On completion of this course, you will have access to join the CTAA if you please. As a member of the CTAA you will receive these benefits:
A Professional Certificate showing that you have full membership with CTAA as a Practitioner.
Access to discounted Therapist Practitioner Insurance with your membership (subject to their Insurance Partners)
Access to their CTAA Logo to place on your Website/Social Media/Email
Free CTAA Directory Listing
Have the opportunity to write a blog/article within the complementary therapy field that you work, that will be shared on their Website and Social Media to enable you to reach a larger audience and have exposure to yourself and your website.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone that is interested in learning the art of Japanese shiatsu massage. Whether you are a massage therapist or just someone that would like to massage your friends, partner or family members, this course will give you a complete understanding of what you need to do in order to give a great shiatsu massage
- I have designed this massage course, so that anyone can learn it. I have keep the basics simple so that if you have never done massage before but would love to give it a go then this is for you.
Mark Perren-Jones is a best selling instructor, Certified Aromatherapist, Remedial Massage Therapist and Acupuncturist. He was also the owner of the award winning Isla Verde Spa and runs the Mark Perren-Jones Spa Training Academy.
Mark has over 250K students in more than 210 countries Worldwide.
Mark has more than 25 years experience in the massage, aromatherapy and acupuncture fields and has worked in spas and clinics throughout the world. He has massaged Presidents and their families, Olympic athletes, professional sports people and celebrities around the world.
Mark's spa earned an incredible 100 out of 100 5 Star Reviews on Tripadvisor (100% 5 STARS). In just 6 months after the Isla Verde Spa opened it became the No.1 Ranked spa in his highly competitive region. His spa was shortlisted for best spa in the International Travel Awards Best Spas and Hotels.
His massage courses are designed for both beginners who would like to start a career in massage but it also is for qualified massage therapists who would like to improve on their massage skills.
After all, the most important aspect to any spa or massage clinic is to be able to give amazing massages each and every time to your clients.
Learn from the best so that you can become the best.
Mark is a Fully Certified Aromatherapist in Aromatherapy and an essential oil specialist, approved by The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), and the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) – both leading governing bodies for educational standards for Aromatherapists.
Mark is an approved provider with NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork #1805) so that therapists can obtain CE hours with the many of his courses