Shell Programming/Scripting for Absolute Beginners
What you'll learn
- Automate tasks with shell scripts
- Acquire foundational shell knowledge
- Learn to use the most used and fundamental shell commands
- Get acquainted with the Terminal
- Preferably you should use Linux (MacOs/Unix might work, but to get the same results, Linux is recommended)
- No prior knowledge required
Understand Shell scripting/programming
I've structured this course in a way that any user with zero knowledge can follow along.
Every command and concept will be explained thoroughly and visualised with slides for better understanding.
This course is a beginners only!
The first section is all about teaching you the foundational skills needed to work with the Bash (Shell) and upon this knowledge you will write your first scripts and automate tasks.
By the end of this course you will automate simple tasks with scripts you've written, in particular you will be able to:
Navigate through directories like your right pocket
Write simple Shell scripts
Automate tasks with self written scripts
Create & use variables
Use Wildcards to make your own life easier
Create scripts that require user interaction
Educate yourself by having key foundational knowledge
Free Cheat-sheet - Summary of all concepts covered in this course
As an added bonus for enrolling in this course, you'll receive a free cheat-sheet including all concepts and commands shown in this course, in case you want to jog your memory.
Enrol now and to learn how to write bash shell scripts!
Who this course is for:
- Software-Developers, who want to learn Bash programming
- DevOps Engineers looking for fundamental scripting knowledge
- Systemadmins looking for automating tasks
- Anyone who wants to learn using Bash
I am Mike. Passionate about various topics including UNIX / Programming / Networking. I have experience in Web-Development, QA, DevOps and Networking & System administration.
I'm keen on creating and visualising everything covered in my courses as I believe that most people learn this way the best. That's why I am here on UDEMY to share my knowledge to with people in a way that I would have liked it when i first got to learn about various topics.