Sheet metal parts design with CATIA surface design tools
What you'll learn
- Learn how to use CATIA : Generative shape design tools for design
- Learn how to combine Trim, Join, Sweep, Multi sections tools
- Learn how to create designs from reference geometry of interface components
- Learn how to develop parametric designs which can be tweaked later
- Basic working skills in CATIA in part design
CATIA is a design tool used in creation and management of 3D parametric models in multiple industries especially the automotive industry for design of structural systems and also mechanisms .
In this course you will learn how to create parametric design workflows for designing complex Sheet metal components in Generative Shape design Workspace which is very popular for designing parametric surfaces.
The course includes a number of projects covering almost all major design operations and workflow .
Format of the training :
An input is provided in the form of reference models. The goal for each project is to design a concept bracket to meet the requirements .
Projects covered :
1. Design of attachment bracket which is bolted from top and welded to a pipe
2. Design of attachment bracket which is bolted from top and welded to a pipe -2
3. Support bracket for a panel
4. Tripod angle bracket
5. Base structure bracket
6. Coil spring bottom seat with helical form
7. Overlap on section - transition
8. Transition between three section
9. Mechanism bracket 1 - Stiffened design
10. Stabilizer bar mount C clamp bracket
11. Body mount outrigger bracket
12. Upper control arm of suspension with C in C section
13. Suspension mount bracket
14. Mechanism bracket 2
The workflow utilizes the Generative shape design workspace in CATIA which is used widely for Body and chassis design in Automotive industry .
It is an Intermediate to Advance level course and requires background on basic working with CATIA.
Who this course is for:
- Design engineers who want to level up their CATIA designing skills
Mufaddal Rasheed is a mechanical design engineer and an inventor experienced in a role in Automotive R&D designing complete Chassis systems from Concept to production for SUV projects in Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd for 7 years . Part of a team which delivered a innovative modular chassis platform for 5 vehicles.
With knowledge of the complete product development process and the details of engineering systems, he brings to the table a combination of analytical and creative skills.
Currently working on multiple projects of his own towards becoming a serial inventor and educator in the area of Design engineering.
He is passionate about mechanical design and innovation and writes regularly on Quora with a Top writer badge.
Core belief is that engineering is a lifelong learning process and for a designer it is "the more you know the better you design".
Building a comprehensive knowledge system for mechanical design engineers and aspirants which would prepare an individual for engineering innovation at Mechademic
The Courses are focused on Practical aspects of Automotive and General Mechanical design engineering Targeted purely towards product development grounded in theory.
What students say about the courses according to 600+ sample surveys
97 % say they are learning valuable information
96 % say the explanation of concepts is clear
99 % say the instructor is knowledgeable in the subject