- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Brief on Shallow foundation: Introduction, Types of Foundations, Choice of Foundation, Type and Preliminary Selection
- 1) Sufficient exposure to Soil Mechanics 2) Student must read the basic text books available for foundation Engineering
An intensive short duration course ideal for engineers and engineering technologists working for federal, state, or local authorities, consultants, and contractors. This course is ideal for those involved in the foundation design, and for those involved in local government work, and provides the pre-requisite learning for those wishing to undertake the expert course.
Brief on Course:
In this course, the student will be able to understand the various topics and terminologies used in Foundation Engineering.
This course will be helpful for Practicing Engineers, Consultants, Undergraduate and Post Graduate students, Researchers, Industry Specialist, Lab Instructors, and a wide array of Geotechnical Design Engineers.
The course covers relevant topics from Foundation Engineering and gives you an insight on various topics in detail.
The student will be able to design the shallow foundation using various theories described in the course module.
Content and Overview:
Introduction, Basic Terminologies, Assumptions and Derivation of Terzaghi Bearing Capacity Theory, Terzaghi Bearing Capacity Theory, Types of Shallow foundation, Different types of Shear failure, Modification in Terzaghi Bearing Capacity Theory, Water Table Correction factors in Terzaghi Bearing Capacity Theory, Numericals on Water Table correction factors in Terzaghi bearing Capacity theory, Allowable Bearing Capacity, Peck Henson's formula, Teng's formula, IS code method for Raft, Settlement of Foundation, Permissible settlement in Shallow foundation, Numerical problems for a shallow foundation, Flexible footing over Granular Soils, Flexible footing over clayey soils, Rigid footing over Granular Soils, Rigid footing over Clayey Soils.
You'll Also Get:
✔ Lifetime Access to course updates
✔ Fast & Friendly Support in the Q&A section
✔ Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
Don't Miss Out!
Every second you wait is costing you getting access from valuable learning.
Don’t take my word for it. Check the reviews and see what other students are saying.
"Very useful course, I really recommend it." - Fouad Tolba Elsayed Tolba
"good" - Dangeti Srinivasa Manikya Vijaya Vardhan
I guarantee this is the most up-to-date and engaging course available, and it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
We have a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee, so if you aren't happy with your purchase, we will refund your course - no questions asked!
- UG, PG, Research Scholars, Consulting Geotechnical Engineers, Industry specialist, Practicing Engineers, and Faculty members from different institutions can enrolled in course to get an insight on aspects of shallow foundation
Introduction, Definitions, Basic Terminologies
Modification in Terzaghi Bearing Capacity Theory, Water Table Correction factors in Terzaghi Bearing Capacity Theory, Numericals on Water Table correction factors in Terzaghi bearing Capacity theory
Allowable Bearing Capacity, Peck Henson's formula, Teng's formula, IS code method for Raft, Settlement of Foundation, Permissible settlement in Shallow foundation, Numerical problems for a shallow foundation, Flexible footing over Granular Soils, Flexible footing over clayey soils, Rigid footing over Granular Soils, Rigid footing over Clayey Soils
• To study the different methods for analyzing and designing foundation structures.
• Foundation structures are responsible for safely transferring the load of the superstructure (building, bridges, etc.) to the supporting soil without failure or excessive settlement.
• In this course, we will discuss three different types of foundations:
• Shallow Foundations
• Deep Foundations
• Lateral earth retaining structures
• Understanding the principles of soil mechanics is a prerequisite to learning this course