Shader Forge for Unity 3D Volume 2
What you'll learn
- Create your own Custom Translucency Shaders
- Understand how to create Refraction effects
- Create your own UV Distortion and refraction effects
- Copy of Unity 3D - Free or Pro
- Copy of Shader Forge for Unity 3D
- Understand the basics of Creating Unity Materials
- Understand the basics of using Shader Forge
Shader Forge Volume 2 picks up where we left off in the Getting Cozy with Shader Forge course, and begins to extend and expand your shader construction knowledge with Shader Forge. In this course we dive deeper into the knowledge of the different nodes, available in Shader Forge, and gives you a better understanding of just how some more advanced shader techniques are accomplished.
Throughout this course we will learn how to do effects such as Refraction, the ins and outs of uv's, and how to create FX such as a peel away dissolve, seen in many of todays games. By the end of this course you will have created a Glass shader, a Matcap shader, and a translucency shader as well as learned some tips and tricks of shader construction.
Who this course is for:
- If you already have experience in Unity 3D and Shader Forge, and want to learn more about more advanced shader techniques, then this course is for you!
- If you know how to write shaders, but want to know how to quickly prototype shaders with Shader Forge, this course will walk you through the process of creating some core shader techniques using a visual node based tool called Shader Forge.
Gametutor teaches the latest in game development and technical art for Unity 3D, Houdini 14, Houdini Engine, C#, and Substance Designer. Gametutor has been teaching industry professionals, online, for over a year and a half, and continues to push the boundaries of game development education.
Noah Kaarbo (Co-Creator / Designer / Entrepreneur), has worked in the Game Industry for over 14 years. He has helped ship over 20 AAA titles, ranging from Halo Reach to countless Forza, Call of Duty, and infamous franchises. He is proud to be contributing his skill sets to Gametutor.
Kenny Lammers (Co-Creator / Instructor / Programmer / Technical Artist) has worked in the Game Industry for over 14 years, for large game companies such as Microsoft Games Studios, Activision Blizzard, Surreal Software, Eline Media and Amazon. He has a deep knowledge of C# programming, Shader Development for Games, General Technical Art Techniques, Modeling, Texturing, and Teaching. He has taught course online, for Digipen, and for the University of Washington.
Our Goal with Gametutor is to bring the highest quality Technical Art and Programming training, to the masses, and show how awesome game development can be!