Seven Steps to Samadhi | Step One | Meditation
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 23 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The easiest way to approach and enter comfortable meditation
- Best tools & practices: what's needed and what's not
- An understanding of the benefits and potential of meditation for self-development and health
- Practical and easy techniques of breath, inner-observation, concentration & focus
- Identify your purpose, set and achieve goals of meditation.
- Heightened clarity, deep insight, improved health & reduced stress
- Guided meditations for Self-inquiry & stress management w/ MP3
- Become enabled to enter into your own solo meditation without a guide
- Identify the progress markers and mitigate challenges to your meditation
- Access to an awesome music library on SoundCloud
- An introduction to the anatomy of Self & consciousness according to yogic philosophy
- *Bonus* An advanced Tantrik visualization technique to support you through any crisis
- Empowerment through unlocking your deepest potential, clarifying intuition & realizing inspiration
- There are no requirements for this program. Anybody can learn to meditate.
The most comprehensive and effective guide to meditation available for beginners online, this bare-bones, professional program covers all of the fundamentals of first-time meditation in perfect detail, defining basic concepts, examining the proper tools to get comfortable and making everything clear from the start to lead the beginner into your first guided and solo meditations.
Meditation has traditionally been understood as the 'goal' of a yoga practice rather than its foundation. In this course I show you why meditation is precisely the study that you want to begin with when approaching the spiritual paths for the first time.
Similar to Vipissana, this observation-based journey of self-exploration focuses attention first on self-inquiry and the sensations created by the mind-body connection. But more than that, in the tradition of the Himalayan Yogin, I'm going to show you from the start how to dive deep into your being and discover yourself, immediately allowing you to unlock hidden potential and reveal unimaginable clarity. Meanwhile you will find your health improving and your stress reduced. The keys to relaxation and calm introspection will be given to you and channels of communication between your conscious and sub-conscious mind will open to provide inspiration and intuitive knowledge to aid you in your journey to full self-realization.
This training represents only the first three of seven stages in Step 1 of the Seven Steps to Samadhi, but even if Samadhi isn't your goal - and let's be honest, not everyone is looking for that - each Step and Stage has been designed to stand alone, immediately empowering and enabling you to achieve your own self-determined goals along your chosen path of mastery. Meditation will always be central to the goal and that's why I've brought it up front and center in the beginning. Learn this one and all the rest fall smoothly into place!
- You know little about meditation but are super interested!
- You haven't found a suitable, personal meditation style and don't even know where to begin.
- You know that meditation is a huge support to optimal mental and physical health and can't wait to get started!
- You know you are full of hidden potential and are absolutely burning to unlock all that.
- You are filled with a burning desire for a spiritual path on which to discover yourself.
- You want to develop skills like self-observation and inquiry, focus, concentration and stress-management.
- You would like to approach Yoga but don't know where to begin.
- You want to relax, get in touch with yourself and nature.
- You seek knowledge of your true Self, the higher Self beyond the personal I.
Honored to meet you! Let me introduce myself and tell you a little about my background, experience and intentions for creating this course.
Some of the commonly used words in meditation and mindfulness practices, words like samadhi, or even meditation itself, can have different meanings depending on the tradition or the instructor's own understanding or native language. This lecture will help you clarify the meaning of some of the most important terms, making the path forward that much easier.
In your first guided meditation, I take you slowly into the world of self-inquiry and observation allowing you to explore several layers of your being while you begin to become aware of yourself and your most basic physical and mental senses through a process of gentle attention and focus.
Attention to the details of your experience during meditation is exciting, but the wealth of discovery is often lost, similar to forgetting the details of a dream after waking up. Further, the sheer volume of sensory input as well as metaphysical experience can be overwhelming. This lesson and follow-up assignment shows you what to look for while you meditate, what to expect, and how to record the experience for analysis later, allowing you to develop insight into your personal patterns and clarify the direction of your path going forward.
In this lesson we are going to do two activities together - breathing & candle gazing - while entering into our meditation. I'll introduce you to a new, easy breathing technique, a patterned breathing to facilitate relaxation, focus and concentration, while you enjoy the experience of easy simultaneous focus on an object - the gentle dance of the candle flame.
With your current awareness of your own patterns, challenges, developments and results during meditation, as well as the knowledge of potential benefits, ensure your measurable progress by learning to set achievable targets and goals while employing all of your tools consciously and intentionally, to purpose.
Learn how to monitor your progress, what signs to watch for to let you know of definitive progress on your meditative path. Understand the practical as well as spiritual benefits of meditation to help you in your goal-setting and give you even more motivation to go forward.
There are a lot of obstacles along the path to Self-realization, stress-management and dynamic spiritual progress. The good news is that 99% of them are a product of one's own personal circumstance, life-style or mindset. This lecture addresses some of those challenges and shows you how to consider addressing them through further attention to your own goals.
In this guided meditation I take you on a journey from the tip of your toes to the top of your head, within, without and beyond, allowing you to identify stress points and let them go, and gently affirm your willingness to live light, comfortably and in a physical, mental and emotional space that synchs with your spiritual ideals. This practice allows you to use the tools and techniques you have gathered so far - focus, observation, self-inquiry and visualization - to create practical and immediate benefit for your physical and mental health while at the same time giving you one more valuable practice session empowering your discipline for the higher practices that come next.