Master Seven Basic Tools of Quality with Minitab and Excel
What you'll learn
- Define and understand seven quality tools and their functions in quality.
- How to use Minitab and excel to solve quality problems.
- How to find the problems, solutions and improve the process for future business endeavors.
- How to extract important information from data.
- How to use the findings for future improvements.
- How to drive a sense of continuous improvement in an organization through Quality tools.
- Enthusiasm to learn and discover new stuff in the quality sector.
- Basic mathematics.
- Basic working with excel.
"As much as 95% of quality related problems in the factory can be solved with seven fundamental quantitative tools", Kaoru Ishikawa (Professor at the Faculty of Engineering at The University of Tokyo, also known as father of Japanese Quality Control/ father of the scientific analysis of the causes of problems in industrial processes).
Are you looking for a course that serves as a foundation of problem-solving, improvements and root cause analysis? Are you manufacturing, business, service or quality based professional or do you have an interest in these fields? Do you want to walk with professional problem-solving issues that matter for a lifetime? If so, congratulations, this course is definitely for you!
Walking through various journeys as a formulation scientist, Quality Management, Lean, six sigma and quality assurance specialist I felt my skills must be transformed to a learning platform that can help students solve the most basics of the quality problems. Seven Quality Tools will help you walk with skills applicable daily in business and quality management sectors.
Who should be taking this course?
This course could be useful for any professionals and students looking for improving their skills in quality sectors or have an interest in quality management in business fields. The content of the course would also be equally valuable for students anticipating six sigma or lean sigma belt examinations (Particularly Basics, Yellow or Green belts).
The 7 tools that we would be learning are:
Fishbone for root cause analysis and looking for potential causes of the problem.
Flowchart for process mapping where we study simple flowcharts or top-down flowchart for logical process flow, swim-lane maps or deployment maps where we will study the process flow along with interrelation among the different departments and value stream maps which will give us an eagle-eye view of the process.
Pareto Analysis or Pareto chart based on 80:20 principle meaning 80 percent of results are due to 20% of the causes.
Histogram for the visual representation of data, trends, and variations.
Control Chart to understand how a process changes over time.
Check sheets for collecting and organizing measured or counted data.
Scatterplot (with stratification) for finding the relationship among the data
What do you learn in this course ?
· Define and understand seven quality tools and their functions in quality.
· How to use Minitab and Excel to solve quality problems.
· How to find the problems, solutions and improve the process for future business endeavours.
· How to extract important information from data.
· How to use the findings for future improvements.
· How to drive a sense of continuous improvement in an organization through quality tools.
And What’s New and Extra in this particular course?
· Real life and simulated case studies to showcase actual use of these tools.
· Minitab and excel templates to work out
· Quizzes, pdf handouts and a lot more!
· 7+(1) unique tools and approaches to handling quality issues.
Who this course is for:
- Any professionals and students thinking of improving their skills in quality sectors and have an interest in quality management fields.
- Other than these following professionals may find the course more useful.
- Students anticipating for six sigma or lean sigma belt examinations (Particularly Basics, Yellow or Green belts) and PMP certifications.
Gunjan has years of direct experiences in Quality Assurance, Lean Six Sigma projects and Total Productive Management in manufacturing industries and labs. As a formulation scientist turned quality assurance and lean expert and six sigma black belt, he knows aspects of product and service development to lean management. Gunjan is happy to add value to more than 7000 students from over 125 countries. You can browse through courses related to lean manufacturing, six sigma, quality management, operations management or kaizen from instructor Gunjan in Udemy.
He has led many lean business transformation program in manufacturing firms, pharmaceutical industries, business and service sectors helping them with large financial gains with improved and sustained process.
Apart from being a lean and six sigma freak, Gunjan is also involved in implementation of WHO and JP quality standards and overall system of drug and cosmetics manufacture using Total Quality Management (TQM) and Kaizen.
Gunjan is an avid lover of continuous improvement. Notable recent system improvement project that Gunjan currently worked was a layout and system design project of a national herbal and essential oils company and lean layout improvement of a cosmetic company.