Setup OS X development environments
- Zero experience is required
Starting a new job can be difficult, especially when you're new to the tech industry.
This course is aimed to help people on their first day, get everything setup quickly, and have a simple checklist of the required tools.
Start your new job with confidence
Imagine you're sitting at your desk, your new manager and the tech department hands you your new computer, exciting right?
Typically these computers are bare bones, they might have Microsoft office installed, but no technical applications. You'll need to setup Java, Ruby, GIT, and so many other applications.
Benefits of this course
This course will guide you through the installation of advanced tech applications. We'll quickly install the entire development environment in under an hour.
Imagine that you're handed the computer, and within one hour your all setup and ready to start coding, or start testing.
Your boss will be very impressed, you'll look like you know exactly what you're doing!
Contents and Overview
This course contains over 20 lectures and 30 minutes of content. It's designed for anyone, but especially for beginners.
In this course, you will learn how to use Home Brew, Terminal commands, and how to correctly install OS X applications.
You'll learn using hands on experience, each video is only a few seconds, to a few minutes long.
And, finally, you'll learn what it feels like to look amazing on your first day at a new job.
What are the requirements?
- A willingness to experiment with new applications
- Willingness to use the terminal
What am I going to get from this course?
- Confidence at your new job
- Very professional and common applications
- Up and running in just under an hour
- High quality video, with easy to follow directions
What is the target audience?
- Anyone learning a new development stack
- Anyone starting a new job
- Anyone that needs to setup a new OS X computer.
- Expand on Java, installing environment variables
- Ruby versioning examples
- Install the complete MEAN stack
- Elaborate on database applications
- Show differences between GIT / SVN
- And so much more
If you need help installing something, let me know and I'll setup additional simple videos.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone should take this course
Testaholic is aimed at high quality educational videos, and tutorials to help people get started in the tech world.
Over the upcoming months we'll have our Basic Java Training, Java Selenium, Basic Ruby, Ruby Selenium, and a very detailed quality assurance training courses available.
After our basic videos are completed, we'll move into security testing and service layer testing (RestAPI / Databases)