Setup LAMP Stack on a Remote Cloud Server + PHP Foundations
What you'll learn
- The benefits of cloud computing over traditional on-premises data centers.
- Foundations of Cloud Computing Service Models
- Setting up and navigating a Linode account
- Securing a Linode account with TFA
- Remote Server Administration via SSH
- Securely Authenticating to a Virtual Instance Remotely using SSH Key Pairs
- Foundations of the Linux Filesystem
- Linux Maintenance and Configuration
- Linux Use Accounts and System Security
- Foundations of Web Servers
- Foundations of DBMSes and Database Transaction Standards
- Foundations of SQL vs NoSQL Databases
- Installing and Configuring LAMP Stack on Ubuntu
- Testing MariaDB & PHP on Apache
- A Beginners Guide to Coding in PHP [Variables, Arrays, Functions, Loops, Conditional Statements, etc.)
- Basic computer skills.
- No programming experience needed. You will learn everything you need to know.
In this course you will learn the foundations of LAMP Stack and PHP. LAMP is an acronym for a popular group of software packages used to deliver high-performance web applications. LAMP is most commonly used to denote Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. However, MySQL and PHP are often swapped for alternative software solutions such as MariaDB, and Python.
The course starts with a detailed overview on setting up and configuring an instance remotely using terminal and terminal emulators such as PuTTY. Here, students learn the foundations of Linux and various Linux distributions such as Ubuntu to securely power web servers. Students will learn various Linux maintenance and directory commands, coupled with user account configuration and disabling root user access. From there, we dive into the foundations of database management systems and explore the difference between SQL and NoSQL databases. We also explore the two main database transaction standards, including ACID and CAP theorem.
Once students have a solid understand on the foundations of cloud computing, we demonstrate how to securely install and configure LAMP Stack on Ubuntu. The installation will be complete with MariaDB and PHP, whereby students will learn to execute database commands directly from server-side PHP scripts. The course concludes with an entire section devoted to PHP development, where we explore just about every aspect of PHP syntax to code dynamic web content.
As you can see this course covers a tremendous bit of ground and we hope you’re just as excited about this course as we are, if so - hit that enroll button and let’s get started.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in Cloud Computing and the Cloud Computing Service Models
- Students interested in Deploying and Configuring Virtual Instances using Cloud Services [IaaS]
- Students interested in learning the Foundations of Linux
- Students interested in learning the foundations of Web Servers and Databases
- Students interested in Installing and Configuring LAMP Stack on Ubuntu
- Students interested in learning how to code in PHP
YouAccel was founded in 2015 with the mission to be one of the most interactive e-learning platforms on the web. YouAccel is now a leading provider in online training, serving a global audience of over 2 million passionate learners. This includes 6+ Million enrollments, across 50 best-selling courses. YouAccel offers courses across numerous industries from Programming & IT to Business, Marketing, Design, and Productivity.
The e-learning experience provided by YouAccel is Dynamic. Each course is streamed in High Definition with corresponding assignments, quizzes, and exams that are delivered and graded electronically. All YouAccel courses are taught by certified educators that have numerous years of work experience in the field for which they provide instruction. The courses can be taken at one's own pace and are offered at several levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced. Taking the experience to a new personalized level, free support is available to all students who register for a course. All courses come with a certificate of completion and no age restrictions apply.
YouAccel strongly believes that the future of online learning will be through open community-based initiatives, where everyone’s voice is equally heard. This is exactly what YouAccel strives to achieve – an inclusive environment, where students have control over the direction of course content. YouAccel courses are continuously updated based on feedback from students and engaged community members. YouAccel instructors encourage communication at every step of the learning process. To date, hundreds of contributors around the globe have invested both time and resources, to ensure YouAccel courses meet the highest level of quality. YouAccel instructors are world renowned and many of them have been featured in mainstream publications such as Forbes, Mashable, Entrepreneur, and PBS among others.