Setup a Virtual Web Server using Linode or Digital Ocean
What you'll learn
- Deploy a Production Web Server using Linode or Digital Ocean
- Configure LAMP Stack on Ubuntu
- Navigate the Linode and Digital Ocean Interface
- Execute commands to a Virtual Server using PuTTY for Windows or Terminal for MAC
- Administer Basic Maintenance Commands to a Ubuntu Server
- Configure Host Name, Date, and New Users on a Ubuntu Server
- Configure Web Root Permissions for Apache
- Install and Configure TightVNC or RealVNC for Remote Server Administration using a Visual Desktop
- Scale, Backup, and Configure DNS Zone Files on Linode and Digital Ocean
- Basic Computer Skills
This course offers an in-depth, hands-on overview of setting up and configuring a production web server, using Linode or Digital Ocean. Virtual Cloud Servers have become the industry standard for hosting web applications of all sizes and complexity. This includes small static web pages, to dynamic, database driven web sites that handle thousands of simultaneous processes. Regardless of the project, virtual servers offer a solution that provides web developers a scalable infrastructure that can easily adapt to a changing environment.
The course starts with an overview of the registration process on Linode. From there, students quickly jump into deploying and configuring a server using the latest Ubuntu LTS distribution. Students will become familiar with the Linode admin interface, and start executing basic commands using the web based remote access console. We then explore remote access administration using more complex tools such as PuTTY for Windows, and Terminal for MAC.
Students will install and configure LAMP Stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PhpMyAdmin) on the Ubuntu server. We show students how to secure the server through SSH Authentication, directory permissions, and disable root user access.
The course explores remote visual desktop configuration using TightVNC & RealVNC.
Once students have a firm handle on server configuration on Linode, we take a look at another major cloud provider – Digital Ocean. This section of the course provides an overview of the Digital Ocean Admin panel where students will deploy and configure a “Droplet”. We will explore some of the unique features Digital Ocean offers, such as Floating IP’s and Space storage.
Students learn to backup, resize, and configure DNS Zone files on both cloud hosting providers.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in hosting Web Applications of all Sizes and Complexity
- Students interested in hosting with Digital Ocean or Linode
- Students interested in building Dynamic, Scalable, Hosting Infrastructures
- Students interested in Learning how to Secure a Virtual Web Server using SSH Authentication
- Students interested in Learning how to access a Ubuntu Virtual Server Remotely and Administer Commands
- Students interested in learning Basic Ubuntu commands
- Students interested in learning how to administer a server using Terminal for MAC, or PuTTY for Windows
YouAccel was founded in 2015 with the mission to be one of the most interactive e-learning platforms on the web. YouAccel is now a leading provider in online training, serving a global audience of over 2 million passionate learners. This includes 6+ Million enrollments, across 50 best-selling courses. YouAccel offers courses across numerous industries from Programming & IT to Business, Marketing, Design, and Productivity.
The e-learning experience provided by YouAccel is Dynamic. Each course is streamed in High Definition with corresponding assignments, quizzes, and exams that are delivered and graded electronically. All YouAccel courses are taught by certified educators that have numerous years of work experience in the field for which they provide instruction. The courses can be taken at one's own pace and are offered at several levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced. Taking the experience to a new personalized level, free support is available to all students who register for a course. All courses come with a certificate of completion and no age restrictions apply.
YouAccel strongly believes that the future of online learning will be through open community-based initiatives, where everyone’s voice is equally heard. This is exactly what YouAccel strives to achieve – an inclusive environment, where students have control over the direction of course content. YouAccel courses are continuously updated based on feedback from students and engaged community members. YouAccel instructors encourage communication at every step of the learning process. To date, hundreds of contributors around the globe have invested both time and resources, to ensure YouAccel courses meet the highest level of quality. YouAccel instructors are world renowned and many of them have been featured in mainstream publications such as Forbes, Mashable, Entrepreneur, and PBS among others.