Setup a Virtual Web Server using Linode or Digital Ocean
What you'll learn
- Deploy a Production Web Server using Linode or Digital Ocean
- Configure LAMP Stack on Ubuntu
- Navigate the Linode and Digital Ocean Interface
- Execute commands to a Virtual Server using PuTTY for Windows or Terminal for MAC
- Administer Basic Maintenance Commands to a Ubuntu Server
- Configure Host Name, Date, and New Users on a Ubuntu Server
- Configure Web Root Permissions for Apache
- Install and Configure TightVNC or RealVNC for Remote Server Administration using a Visual Desktop
- Scale, Backup, and Configure DNS Zone Files on Linode and Digital Ocean
- Basic Computer Skills
This course offers an in-depth, hands-on overview of setting up and configuring a production web server, using Linode or Digital Ocean. Virtual Cloud Servers have become the industry standard for hosting web applications of all sizes and complexity. This includes small static web pages, to dynamic, database driven web sites that handle thousands of simultaneous processes. Regardless of the project, virtual servers offer a solution that provides web developers a scalable infrastructure that can easily adapt to a changing environment.
The course starts with an overview of the registration process on Linode. From there, students quickly jump into deploying and configuring a server using the latest Ubuntu LTS distribution. Students will become familiar with the Linode admin interface, and start executing basic commands using the web based remote access console. We then explore remote access administration using more complex tools such as PuTTY for Windows, and Terminal for MAC.
Students will install and configure LAMP Stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PhpMyAdmin) on the Ubuntu server. We show students how to secure the server through SSH Authentication, directory permissions, and disable root user access.
The course explores remote visual desktop configuration using TightVNC & RealVNC.
Once students have a firm handle on server configuration on Linode, we take a look at another major cloud provider – Digital Ocean. This section of the course provides an overview of the Digital Ocean Admin panel where students will deploy and configure a “Droplet”. We will explore some of the unique features Digital Ocean offers, such as Floating IP’s and Space storage.
Students learn to backup, resize, and configure DNS Zone files on both cloud hosting providers.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in hosting Web Applications of all Sizes and Complexity
- Students interested in hosting with Digital Ocean or Linode
- Students interested in building Dynamic, Scalable, Hosting Infrastructures
- Students interested in Learning how to Secure a Virtual Web Server using SSH Authentication
- Students interested in Learning how to access a Ubuntu Virtual Server Remotely and Administer Commands
- Students interested in learning Basic Ubuntu commands
- Students interested in learning how to administer a server using Terminal for MAC, or PuTTY for Windows
YouAccel is a leading provider in online training, offering courses across numerous industries from IT and Development to Business, Marketing, Design, and Productivity.
The e-learning experience provided by YouAccel is Dynamic. Each course is streamed in High Definition with corresponding assignments, quizzes, and exams that are delivered and graded electronically. All YouAccel courses are taught by certified educators that have numerous years of work experience in the field for which they provide instruction.
The courses can be taken at one's own pace and are offered at several levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced. Online courses are also compatible with any mobile device for the ultimate in convenience.
Taking the experience to a new personalized level, live communication with instructors is available through Udemy's online messaging console. All courses come with a certificate of completion and no age restrictions apply.