Raise Self Awareness. Build Self-Esteem. Feel Freer, Happier
What you'll learn
- SETSA brings together 30 topics applicable to our day to day lives. Define your Personal Slogan, your Purpose your Goals
- Addressed self limitations such as Self Esteem, Anger, Emotions, Grief, Relationships
- Beyond understanding “concepts”, based on the principle "Learning = Behaviour Change", APPLY selected learnings to effect change and perhaps, Turnaround
- Its about YOU. Invest in YOURSELF - Live life to the fullest – Realise your Potential
- Nil - other than the will to invest in self, to learn, to grow and perhaps "make a difference". Whilst most (not all) topics can be done in an hour or so, best results are achieved by participants who invest time in their individual introspection, reflection, projection (as prompted) and real-life application.
The SETSA(Self-Empowerment through Self-Awareness) program encourages Participants to introspect i.e. to take stock of 'where they are’ in their lives, identifying as far as possible how they got there, be it due to past underlying issues, wavering relationships and/or experiences of grief but to also
-accept and acknowledge how they got there
-look ahead instead of using the review mirror to the past
-consider their purpose in life,
-look at their desired values and beliefs that they now wish to live by define measurable and sustainable goals that they will adhere to take responsibility
-INVEST IN THEMSELVES by realising that it’s their lives, their time and about their (conscious) choices in order moving forward positively.
The program is NOT about providing more information, more knowledge or intellectual stimulation but rather one of searching within to find either one or two aspects that could really help one to take that step towards making a change in ones’ life. It’s an experiential process (and not a "quick-fix")
There's no compulsion and no need to accept or remember all the topics in the material provided. There’s no formal ‘testing'.
As facilitators of change we have no interest in testing one’s intelligence, one’s memory, recall or even net worth. The focus is simply on defining and applying per the principle:
“Learning = Behaviour change”
WHY SELF AWARENESS?
Aristotle once said that "Knowing yourself is the beginning of all Wisdom".
Being self-aware is about knowing yourself. That is being aware of every given moment is the essence of being alive, being 'present' in one's own life, and by taking charge rather than being constantly stuck in the past or fearful of the future.
Being aware of one's feelings, of one’s emotions is the first step to taking charge and 'control' in making conscious decisions as opposed to having life pass you by, living in a daze, being on 'auto pilot' or even reacting blindly.
The old habits of reacting defensively and retaliating without thinking, without assessing the situation leads to the turmoil and pain.
To be grateful for another day of opportunity, to make better choices, ultimately leads to a better quality of life
WHY SELF EMPOWERMENT?
"People who empower themselves don’t see the world as the source of their problems" (Jayrenan)
At the core of every being is the deep need to belong, to be accepted and connected with the ability to contribute. When one feels ‘less’ or over-extended, the zest for living fully, slowly diminishes.
Through the SETSA program we encourage individuals to "pause" and take stock of where they are and what they believe they need to do to fulfil their potential, however they define it; to acknowledge where they want to be. In so doing, we encourage individuals to deal with unresolved past issues, emotions (current and past) and current and past relationships, no matter how difficult or painful it may be. Recognise what you truly want for yourself, empower yourself to achieve accordingly.
We aim to create an understanding of the false notions of freedom and happiness through materiality. We seek to help participants define the foundational pillars for their lives and define ultimately their life’s purpose, all with the intention in assisting to free people from the burdens of the past, to recognise and value their worth and gifts and feel truly empowered to live life their best life, God Willing.
Here is a list of the topics covered in SETSA
1. Introduction. What is Self-Empowerment, Self-Awareness?
2. Knowledge / Wisdom/ Learning
3. Thoughts/Cognitive Behavior Theory (CBT)
4. Trust/Confidentiality/Respect/ Contract
5. Maslows Hierarchy / My Purpose
6. Joharis Window / My Transparency
7. Personality and Character
8. Feelings. Sympathy and Empathy
9. My Life Now / Personal Timeline
12. Prejudice and Labels
13. Role Models and Legacy
14. Values and Beliefs
15. Relationships Parts A and B (Love / Partner)
16. Heart versus Head
17. Ego versus Soul
19. Grief (Part A)
20. Grief (Part B) – Personal Story
21. Emotional Intelligence
25. Anger (management)
26. Conflict management
27. Generation Gap (and Narcissism)
28. My “Struggle”
31. (a) Self Esteem (b) Self Discipline
32. Goals and Risks
33. Wrap up
Who this course is for:
- SETSA program initially stemmed from working with persons with substance abuse issues. From that experience, the program was enhanced to support women and care-givers given their crucial roles and the many challenges they are confronted with. Through numerous additions over the years to accommodate different needs and situations of people, the SETSA program could benefit anyone intent on real life growth rather than acquiring more information. Are you ready to deal with personal challenges? Ready to introspect? Do you want to realise your full potential? SETSA may assist in your journey.
We are a retired couple. Our amazing life experiences that may be considered as either positive or negative ones, have all allowed us to grow into and be the people that we are today. We are indeed blessed.
Also, from our wide travels and volunteer work, we observe that many are ‘overwhelmed’, in particular, women and care-givers, unable to cope and often, alone. People are finding themselves being 'stretched' way passed their capacities and are looking and finding different ways of escaping this reality, including but not limited to substance abuse.
Having worked in Corporate environments for a number of decades, occupying various positions at varying management levels, with responsibilities for strategy, business alignment and technology services, our real passion lies in serving our communities.
Since retirement, as a husband and wife team, we counselled well over 500 individuals, developed the SETSA program and facilitated over 30 SETSA self-empowerment workshops, all on a voluntary basis.
The SETSA program was compiled over a 5-year period, consuming well over 2500 hours of effort (over and above the many thousands of hours in counselling and SETSA workshop facilitations). As such, SETSA was not conceived as a 'product' but as a service"; SETSA Online was an after-thought.
Hundreds of people, from all walks of life, the illiterate to post graduates, poor to wealthy, ages 17 to 70, drug addicts, solicitors, community leaders, mums and dads as well as persons of various Faiths, attended the SETSA program. The feedback has been very heartening.
Through God's grace and everlasting Mercy, we have witnessed many hundreds of individuals make significant positive shifts in their lives. We have been truly blessed to have been allowed to observe this.
We are limited by the number of face-to-face courses we can run. We hope that the SETSA program touches many though the reach of the UDEMY platform.
Do join us in this amazing journey.
Mahomed and Hawa