Seth Godin on Presenting to Persuade
What you'll learn
- You'll discover the fundamental flaw built into the software, you'll see how you can use a presentation to make a huge impact, and most of all, you'll have a new tool to make change happen. People who have adopted this powerful approach have gotten funded, promoted, seen, heard and most of all, made a difference.
- No experience necessary, except the frustration of not having your presentations work as well as you hope, and the desire of wanting to make a bigger impact.
You can learn to use Powerpoint or Keynote to make an impact.
Why is your deck so bad, and how can you turn it into an effective tool?
Instead of focusing on the craft of making slides, thought leader Seth Godin takes you on a journey to understand what your presentation is actually for. He'll help you see that a presentation is a unique and powerful opportunity, a chance to be heard, a moment where you have the leverage to make something happen.
In this forty-minute course, you'll learn how to engage, how to seek enrollment and how to discover and integrate the worldview of your audience. This course will forever change how you give and consume presentations and might just save your organization from another ten thousand hours wasted watching useless bullet points fly by.
This short course is a radical rethinking of Powerpoint (or Keynote) and how you use a deck and a presentation to be heard.
Instead of focusing on prettier slides, you'll learn how to use the leverage and attention you get as the presenter to understand the audience, enroll them in your journey and share your point of view.
NOTE! I'm not going to try to teach you to operate the software. Instead, the course teaches you to avoid falling into the passive voice trap that's built deep into the design (and our expectations) of how people use Powerpoint.
We've all spent too much time watching (and giving) presentations that are boring, ineffective and irrelevant. It's time to change that.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who uses Powerpoint or Keynote to make presentations. At work, at school, on stage or in a meeting.
- Perfect for entrepreneurs and those seeking to raise money or gain support.
- Essential for public speakers, managers and fundraisers.
- If your boss says she needs a deck, you need this course.
World-renowned entrepreneur, best-selling author, and speaker
More than 100,000 students online...
Seth is an entrepreneur, best-selling author, and speaker who knows what it takes to succeed in business and to be your own boss. In addition to launching one of the most popular blogs in the world, he has written 20 best-selling books, including The Dip, Linchpin, Purple Cow, Tribes, and What To Do When It's Your Turn (And It's Always Your Turn).
The penultimate one is called THIS IS MARKETING and it's been a #1 bestseller in its category in the USA, Italy and Korea. And out in late 2020 is THE PRACTICE. Find out more at seths.blog/ThePractice
Though renowned for his writing and speaking, Seth also founded two companies, Squidoo and Yoyodyne (acquired by Yahoo!). This real-world entrepreneurial experience is what makes him the ideal teacher for those who wish to forge their own career path.
By focusing on everything from effective marketing and leadership, to the spread of ideas and changing everything, Seth has been able to motivate and inspire countless people around the world.
In 2013, Seth was one of just three professionals inducted into the Direct Marketing Hall of Fame. In 2018, he was inducted in the plain old Marketing Hall of Fame. He might be the only person in both... Now he has joined the talented instructors on Udemy to share his wealth of knowledge and experience with those who are ready to start a freelancing career or enhance an existing one.