Set up CICD For Mulesoft From Scratch
What you'll learn
- Understand Nexus, Gitlab Runner, Mule-Maven-Plugin Role for CICD with LIVE DEMO - No Single Slide
- Combine Mule Maven Plugin with Gitlab to automate build and deployment of Mulesoft artifacts.
- Use Nexus repository to host Mulesoft app artifacts(Jars) and to download them as dependencies in other projects, and use it for proxy other dependencies.
- You will be running CICD for both - On prem server deployment and Cloudhub Deployment.
- Very basic understanding of Mulesoft Required - like hello world app in Mulesoft
- Familiarity with basic gitlab commands and maven will help - but we will cover them too.
- Course will be conducted in Windows environment but it is failrly applicable to any other environments.
Setting up CICD is the necessity for agility in the enterprise.
This requires to understand code repository, automated building of mule applicaitons, automated deployments of mule applicaitons.
In turn to understand above,you need to be clear with "doing something" instead of slides on the topics like "Maven, Maven build profile, Nexus repository"
In this course, you will learn to understand fully setting up CICD on your own. You will become a 'go to person' to set up CICD.
No previous experience with Nexus is required.
No previous experience with Apache Maven is required.
Basic faimiliar knowledge with git commands and basic hello-world Mule app will help.
In just a few lectures, you will be building your first automated build and deployment of Mule project!
- Learn to set up CICD for Mulesoft
- Including cloudhub deployment and on prem deployment
- Pack of full demos, downloadable artifacts / jar files
- You will be installing Gitlab Runner, Nexus, Mule stand alone (evaluation purpose only) on your local machine
- Understand Maven, Maven life cycle
- Make your own maven project using command line
- Experiment with Mule-Maven-Plugin commands
- Understand how to connect Maven to Nexus Repository
- What is the role of settings.xml, concept of Maven Build Profile and Parent POM
- Role of Parent POM and how to make it reuseable across all your Mule applications.
- Gain more confidence and understand Gitlab Runner, Nexus Repo, Mule-Maven-Plugin and how each of the components talk to each other
- FInally - set up your own CICD file (provided in the course) and commit code to gitlab
- Have Gitlab Runner building JAR file and uploading to Nexus and deploying to on prem and cloudhub.
Who this course is for:
- Mulesoft Platform Architects, Developers, DevOps Admin
- Anyone interested to set up or learn CICD using Gitlab Runner for Mulesoft Apps
- I have 12+ years of Integration experience includes tools like SAP PO, SAP CPI and Mulesoft.
-This includes recent experience of setting up Mulesoft On prem landscape alogn with managing cloud hub.
- Spent lot of efforts in understanding black screen of Maven commands :)
- Experimenting different configuration of MAven, Gitlab
- Finally I was able to make fully CICD pipeline for On prem and cloudhub deployments
- Putting all those learning here so it will benefit someone to install locally all software/application without depedency on any other teams.
- I like to learn new things , play around them and teach if I really learnt something.