Service Design Masterclass - Key fundamentals & techniques
What you'll learn
- 1. Service Design Introduction - Understand why Service Design is needed and how it helps businesses to survive and even thrive.
- 2. Service Design Core Activities - Get a holistic view on the 6 core activities that make up the Service Design Methodology
- 3. Service Design Mindset - Learn to think like a service designer by applying the 6 Service Design patterns
- 4. Personas - Get a complete guide on how to create Service Design Personas to represent your target customers
- 5. Prototypes - Learn how to create high- and low fidelity User Prototypes to validate your design assumptions.
- 6. Customer Journey Maps - Learn how to improve the User Experience of products and services through Customer Journey Maps
- 7. Service Blueprints - Become a User Experience architect using Service Design Blueprints
- 8. Business Design Models - Define a winning strategy for your product using Business Design Modeling
- 9. Projects - Apply your knowledge and skills in practical projects
- This course is an introduction to service design and doesn't require any prior knowledge.
Why service design?
Because Service design helps companies to create a strong competitive advantage and thus stay successful.
In a rapidly changing world, companies are forced to constantly adapt if they don't want to be disrupted. Here are the 3 main challenges that companies need to overcome:
First, customers are more demanding than ever.
Second, continuous innovation has gone from being a luxury to a necessity.
And third, companies don't have the right organizational structure to support omnichannel customer journeys.
Applying service Service Design Fundamentals and Techniques, will enable companies to address each of these challenges. Here's how:
By building a strong competitive advantage that’s hard to copy.
By focusing on solving the right problem and is very research based.
By improving collaboration and breaking down silos within organizations.
By offering a toolbox filled with techniques which facilitate quick, affordable and low risk innovations.
By taking a holistic approach and reviewing the entire customer experience.
And finally, by being flexible and offering a broad spectrum of applications.
This course is an introduction to service design and doesn't require any prior knowledge.
Who is this course for?
Recent graduates looking to start a position as a service designer, a business analyst, business consultant, product manager, product owner or even a UX designer.
Junior service designers wanting to strengthen their knowledge.
Senior service designers looking to brush up their skills.
All professionals who are actively doing service design in their field of expertise and wanting to formalize their way of working.
What else can I offer you?
You will have access to:
The slides of the course which you can use at your own convenience.
Fun assignments to make things more tangible.
Handouts and templates to help you in your day-to-day service design activities.
Access to an industry expert. In case you have questions feel free to contact me and I will do my absolute best to guide you.
What did others think?
“Content is authoritative, rigorous, comprehensive and accessible. The delivery is professional, well-paced and easy to listen too. The presentation is personable, learning is scaffolded with no cognitive overload.” – Will
“Interesting no nonsense course, well given. Fully meets expectations.” – Eva
Now it's your turn!
Do you want to improve the customer experience in a fail-safe way? Then this course has everything you need and more!
Who this course is for:
- Recent graduates looking to start a position as a service designer, a business analyst, a UX designer, a product manager, etc.
- Junior service designers wanting to strengthen their knowledge.
- Senior service designers looking to brush up their skills.
- All professionals who are actively doing service design in their field of expertise and wanting to formalize their way of working.
My professional profile:
Business consulting: I’m a manager in one of the largest consulting companies in the world and active as a specialist in business analysis.
Experience & sector: I draw my experience in business consulting from many high-profile projects in the financial industry. More specifically, I have experience in business analysis, service design, project management, process optimization and strategy definition.
Academics: I hold 2 master degrees, one in business & financial economics and another in general management. On top of that I also hold many certifications related to business analysis and project management.
My main motivations:
I love teaching: One of the main reasons I created this course, is my love for teaching. It gives me a tremendous amount of energy to share my knowledge with someone and knowing that I was able to help that person to reach their objective (even if just slightly).
Continuous learning: another reasons why I created this course is because I do love to learn on a continuous basis. I’m a curious person so you will often find me watching a documentary, listening to podcasts, following courses, reading books, etc. Having said that I believe that teaching is just a part of learning which is something I love to do, so there you have it.
A social geek: I’m a bit of gamer, I love history, I like to spend time with my family and friends and I love to follow online courses (quite a geek I know…)