Serverless Applications with AWS Lambda in Practice
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the serverless concept, its benefits, and challenges
- Design and build an application based on AWS serverless services
- Discover AWS serverless services and their various roles
- Understand interconnections between the AWS serverless and microservice concepts
- Monitor and trace serverless applications
- Develop and deploy an application using AWS serverless components.
- Easily add user sign-up and sign-in to your mobile and web apps with Amazon Cognito.
- Effortlessly build applications on cloud services with serverless components.
- Manage and secure your applications using AWS tools
- Build and manage secure serverless applications on AWS
- Port an existing server-based app to Lambda-based serverless architecture
- Step in serverless databases on AWS. Deploy the serverless web app
- A general understanding of any programming language along with basic knowledge of the cloud, serverless architectures, and AWS services is required. Basic knowledge of AWS is recommended.
Are you looking forward to developing production-ready, serverless and secure applications with AWS? Then, this Learning Path is perfect for you!
Here’s how you can benefit and experience the above reasons to go Serverless with AWS:
Serverless architecture is a way to build and run applications and services without having to manage infrastructure. AWS Lambda eliminates the problem of dealing with cloud-based servers at all levels of the technology stack and offers a pay-per-request billing model where you don't have to pay for idle computing time. Thus it becomes extremely important to understand the serverless architecture, which will help you build, manage, and secure serverless applications with AWS Lambda.
This comprehensive 3-in-1 course will help you understand serverless architectures and their implementation on AWS. Learn to build, deploy, manage, and secure serverless applications. You’ll get exposure to practical examples and use cases to work with a serverless architecture. Solve the most common serverless framework problems that are faced. Enter into the Serverless world of AWS Lambda and master its core components and how it works. You’ll efficiently design, develop, and test Lambda functions using Node.js.
Towards the end of this Couse, you'll build, secure, and manage serverless applications on AWS using AWS Lambda.
Contents and Overview
This training program includes 3 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
The first course, Design Serverless Architecture with AWS and AWS Lambda, covers the core concepts of serverless architecture with AWS Lambda. This course starts with an introduction to serverless architectures and then you'll delve into design considerations, followed by building a serverless application and deploying it on your serverless architecture. Go through a various practical example of deploying and orchestrating a serverless application using DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, an API Gateway. You’ll learn about some security considerations in protecting your serverless application. Finally, you’ll have mastered working with serverless architectures on AWS Cloud.
The second course, Hands-on Serverless Architecture with AWS Lambda, covers how to build, secure, and manage serverless applications on AWS. In this course, you'll learn to build the code and deploy it without ever needing to configure or manage underlying servers. You'll build, secure, and manage serverless architectures that can power the most demanding web and mobile apps. You won't have to provision infrastructures or worry about scale. By the end of this course, you will know how to design and implement production-ready AWS serverless solutions. You'll be able to architect and build your own serverless applications on AWS.
The third course, Serverless Web Development on AWS Using Lambda, covers creating event-driven, scalable, serverless web applications and deploy them with ease. In this course, through practical working examples, you will learn about the serverless concepts and AWS Lambda's serverless framework and how to work with its components effectively. The primary goal of serverless apps is to reduce backend clutter and to focus on the code and not on the server. We will show you how to build popular applications that follow this principle. This course guides you through a faster way to learn the skills you'll need to utilize AWS Lambda's serverless infrastructure.
By the end of this training program, you’ll have mastered serverless application development and serverless architecture with AWS Lambda to build your first unique, advanced and production-ready application.
About the Authors
● Alan Rodrigues has been working on software components such as Docker containers and Kubernetes for the last 2 years. He has extensive experience working on the AWS Platform, currently being certified as an AWS Solution Architect Associate, a SysOps Administrator, and a Developer Associate. He has seen that organizations are moving towards using containers as part of their Microservices architecture. And there is a strong need to have a container orchestration tool in place. Kubernetes is by far the most popular container orchestration on the market.
● Harish Garg, the founder of BignumWorks Software LLP, is a data scientist and a lead software developer with 17 years' software industry experience. BignumWorks is an India-based software consultancy that provides consultancy services in software development and technical training. Harish has worked for McAfee\Intel for 11+ years. He is an expert in creating data visualizations using R, Python, and web-based visualization libraries.
● Mithun Lakshmanaswamy of BignumWorks Software LLP has been developing applications in Python for 9+ years. He has written enterprise-level distributed applications that are deployed on scores of servers and have the ability to support thousands of users simultaneously. Some of the applications he has developed are used to parse millions of virus definitions, analyze network packets from an enterprise setup, and so on. He is also proficient in teaching technical concepts and is quite involved with his current organization’s training programs. He has worked on multiple projects with Python, AWS, and so on, implementing the concepts of concurrent and distributed computing.
- Application Developers, Cloud and Software Architects, Software Engineers, who want to design and manage web applications by using AWS Lambda and its serverless components.
The aim of this video is to go over a non-serverless architecture diagram and identify the problems with it, and conclude from it what are the benefits of using serverless.
Go over a general web architecture in AWS without serverless
Review the decision making and maintenance involved
Convert to AWS serverless architecture and highlight the benefits
The aim of this video is to implement a API serverless solution using API Gateway and Lambda function.
Create and deploy API gateway per environment
Create the logic behind the API using Lambda
Integrate the two to learn the integration options
Serverless services output both infrastructure and application logs, we need to find a way to manage those logs. This video helps us into doing it.
Setup integration between CloudWatch and Lambda function
View the logs in CloudWatch and learn how to search it
Stream or export the logs the get better capabilities