What you'll learn
- Explain the philosophy of servant leadership.
- Understand the concepts and principles of servant leadership.
- Understand the history of servant leadership.
- Utilize moral purpose and serving in their leadership.
- Just an open mind and commitment to personal development are needed before starting this course.
Leadership is a widely known topic that has been researched an debated for years. We will take a look at a leadership style that is becoming more popular and that companies are realizing is a successful type of leadership.
Master the elements of Servant Leadership in order to become a better leader in your personal and professional settings. Become a better leader by putting others first. You will see the difference you can make in other people's life while becoming a successful leader.
This course is structured in a self-pace learning style. You are able to watch each lecture at your own pace and even re-watch lectures as needed. There are also activities throughout the course to help you evaluate your strengths and areas of opportunity as a leader.
After taking this course you will be able to:
1) Explain what Servant Leadership is
2) Explain the history of Servant Leadership
3) Understand the Principles of Servant Leadership which include, People First, Character/Doing The Right Thing, Leading with Humility, Leading with Effective Listening and Empathy, and the Commitment to the Growth of Others.
4) Understand how moral purpose is needed in Servant Leadership
Approach this course with the readiness to understand the concepts and be able to start applying them in your everyday life.
Who this course is for:
- Servant leadership is about putting others first. If you want to learn a leadership philosophy that is geared at benefiting others and the community then Servant Leadership is for you. If you are committed to becoming a true leader that makes a difference then Servant Leadership is for you.
Savannah has a passion for teaching and helping people. Her main passion is learning more about leadership and being able to teach others how to become great leaders.
Savannah has over eight years of hotel management experience in which she held leadership roles. She is aware of the difficulties of leading in corporate America and wants to help other leaders in any way she can. Savannah was in charge of training in the hotel setting and was fortunate to have experience teaching employees across three different brands.
Savannah has her undergraduate degree in Hotel Management from Northern Arizona University and her Master's degree specializing in Leadership also from Northern Arizona University.
Savannah's passion in life is to be a lifetime learner and help others receive education in areas that interest them. Be on the lookout for more leadership courses focusing on other areas of leadership soon!