Series 7: Intermediate Options
What you'll learn
- At the end of my course, students will have a better conceptual understanding of Options and how
- they work, and be able to solve more complex options strategies. My goal is to help the students
- gain fluency with Options
- Before taking my Intermediate Options course, the student should have completed our Fundamentals
- of Options course. In addition, students should already be enrolled in one of the Series 7 educational
The Series 7 Exam - the General Securities License - is recognized as one of the most challenging exams in any industry. Not only is the first-time passing rate very low, the fact that often times one's future employment depends on passing the exam the first time around adds enormous stress to the process. To make matters worse, one of the most frequently-asked topics concerns Options (representing as much as 10-12% of the test) which most students find to be the single most difficult subject on the Series 7.
My Intermediate Options Seminar builds on the concepts explored and established in my Fundamentals of Options course, discussing and explaining the more complex strategies available through the use of Options, such as Straddles and Spreads, and how to calculate profits, losses, and break even. Studying and learning from this Seminar will strengthen your understanding of these Options strategies and make you a more confident and effective test taker.
Who this course is for:
- The target student for our Options courses are professionals who are required to pass the Series 7.
- The Series 7 is a challenging and stressful test, and the Options section is arguably the most difficult
- section of the exam - and one of the segments with the most questions.
I graduated with Distinction from Stanford University, with double majors in Economics and Political Science. After a long and successful career in the Investment industry, I decided to pursue a life-long passion of mine - to teach students around the country - by launching my own educational company, Libris Academy. I've been incredibly busy since starting my new business, teaching a wide variety of subjects, including Securities Licensing test preparation (for the Series 7, 63, 65 and 66). I've also realized that I simply can't help all the students needing assistance, so decided to create powerful educational videos to help more people.