Effective UI Test Automation With Serenity BDD And Selenium
What you'll learn
- Write clean and expressive UI tests faster using Serenity BDD and Selenium
- Discover powerful hidden features of Serenity BDD directly from the framework author!
- Create Robust and Reusable automation code using Action Classes and Page Objects (so that you spend more time testing and less time maintaining flaky tests)
- Work with modern asynchronous web applications, so that your tests don't fail randomly due to tricky timing and wait conditions.
- Get higher coverage and richer reporting with data-driven testing in Serenity BDD.
- Generate rich and powerful reports directly from your test execution (so you spend less time documenting your test results each release)
- Integrate Serenity BDD tests with Jenkins and Github Actions, so you can run your test suite and publish the reports automatically on every commit
- Basic knowledge of Core Java and Java development tools
- Basic familiarity with Git and Github
- Familiarity with software testing
Serenity BDD is one of the most popular Java test automation libraries, and for good reason!
If you are writing automated web tests in Java, using Serenity BDD correctly can reduce the amount of code you need to write by well over 50%, slashing the amount of code you need to maintain yourself. Serenity BDD produces powerful test reports that you can use both as as evidence of your testing activities and documentation of your application. And with over a million downloads a month, regular releases and a vibrant open source community, it's a solid bet for your test automation framework!
This in-depth video training is designed and delivered by John Ferguson Smart, the author and lead maintainer of Serenity BDD. Constantly updated with the latest Serenity BDD features, this course will give you a unique insight on how to use Serenity BDD the way it is intended. You'll discover:
How to write well-structured automated web tests with Serenity BDD, to maximise reuse and minimise maintenance costs
How to use Page Objects and Action Classes to make your test code more concise and more expressive, so you can write tests faster AND spend less time maintaining them later on;
How to choose effective locator strategies using XPath and CSS, including Serenity BDD's powerful dynamic locators
How to handle waits and asynchronous applications in Serenity BDD, making your tests more stable and robust
How to use data-driven testing with Serenity to get higher coverage and better reporting
How to run tests in parallel and get feedback faster
How to run your Serenity BDD tests remotely on Selenium Grid and services such as SauceLabs and BrowserStack.
How to tailor your Serenity BDD reports, so they tell your stakeholders EXACTLY what they need to know
How to integrate Serenity BDD with JUnit 5, and get all the power of the latest and greatest version of JUnit
And much more
But more importantly, you'll discover the mindset behind the Serenity BDD framework. You'll see live examples of how the framework author uses Serenity BDD to write automated web tests faster and more reliably, and learn how to use the same techniques yourself.
After all, who better to teach you Serenity BDD than the author of the framework himself?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to build automated testing frameworks for your web applications quickly and effectively from scratch, harnessing the full power of Serenity BDD test automation framework.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Software Testers and Test Automation Engineers who what to implement robust UI test automation fast
- Test Automation Engineers who want to get the most out of a Serenity BDD Test Framework
A well known figure in the agile testing community, John is an international consultant, trainer and speaker, and expert in agile test automation and BDD.
John is the creator of the Serenity BDD test automation library and author of several best-selling agile books including "BDD in Action" and "Jenkins: The Definitive Guide".
He is also the founder of the Serenity Dojo, an innovative training programme that turns manual testers into top-notch agile test automation engineers.