SEO in 2018 - SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- 9.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Use SEO to promote your website in the search engines.
- See how to audit your website for SEO
- You just need a website that is not doing very well in terms of search engine visibility. This courses will show you how to turn things around.
SEO | Search Engine Optimization for 2018
This SEO training course has been 20 years in the making. That’s how long I have been applying Search Engine Optimization techniques to websites (since April 1996 to be exact).
The thing about SEO is that the best person to do the SEO it you. It is your business. It is your website. By applying search engine optimization to your own website, you can use your own expertise to select exactly the right keyword phrases to focus on.
About 95% of SEO requires little or no technical knowledge and you do not need any programming skills. SEO is about attention to detail. There are around 200 factors that Google considers when deciding who comes first and who comes last in the search engine listing, in response to a search enquiry. You just need to make sure that you have more boxes ticked than your competitors.
This SEO training course teaches you how to think like a search engine. I will show you what Google likes and just as important, what Google does not like.
I have one of the most watched SEO video tutorials on YouTube (almost 400,000 views) clearly demonstrating that I have the SEO credentials to help you marketing your own website. That said no one can guarantee a page one ranking. All I can do is to explain all the concepts that I use and I get all my business through successful application of SEO techniques to my own websites.
Try searching Google using the phrase ‘Google Webmaster Guidelines’ and you will see Information direct from Google about it likes and dislikes. All the information within this tutorial is built upon the recommendations within these guidelines. This is SEO that works. The wrong sort or SEO can get you banned from the search engines, so it vital that you know what you are doing.
This tutorial covers a vast range of SEO topics. Please check out the curriculum listing for more details.
- This course is for small business owners who want to market their own website.
- This SEO course is for beginner’s right through to expert level
- My name is David Murray
- I’ve been training for over 20 years
- Starting using SEO in 1996
- I only get business using SEO and the organic results from that
- My SEO tutorial video on YouTube has over 350,000 views
- This Course will teach you what you need to know
- The SEO techniques shown in this course are up to date for 2016
- This course is aimed at small business owners and SEO beginners
- No coding/ programming skills are needed for this course
- This course is NOT for an SEO expert – it is for beginners
- This course will put you in control of your website and your business
About me and this Course
This video will give you a brief background of my experience and history using SEO from 1996 to 2016.
You will be shown: -
- Examples of my own success to prove I know what I am taking about when it comes to SEO
- The course outline and structure
- Introduction to Google Webmaster Guidelines
This video explains: -
- Over Optimization
- Guarantees from SEO companies
- Importance of the Google Webmaster Guidelines
SEO terms and Concepts
This video explains the various different terms and concepts to do with search engine optimization. These include: -
- Google search algorithm
- Google Webmaster Guidelines
- Phrases, not keywords
- SEO and ROI
- PPC (Pay per Click)
- Black hat vs White hat SEO
- How search engines work
- Google PageRank
- Google Panda
- Google Penguin
- Robots, Spider and crawlers
- Thinking like a search engine
- URL and domain names
- IP addresses and web servers
Quality and Freshness
This video is about the importance of the quality of the content in a website, as well as what Google looks for in content such as freshness and Links. Other topics covered are:-
- Frequent Updates equals frequent indexing
- New content equals new keyword promotion
- Incorporating blogs into websites
Google Webmaster Guidelines – Part one
This Video explores the Google Webmaster Guidelines more in depth such as: -
- The quality guidelines
- Filling in a spam report
- Basic principles
- Specific guidelines
- Following good practices
This video introduces you to advanced Google searching techniques that’ll help you with your keyword research for your SEO. These techniques include:-
- Using basic search techniques
- Searching by a particular file
- Google Search engine optimization starter guide
- Pages that link to a website
Site Maps – Part One
This Video explains what a HTML sitemap is and examples of one, it then explains what an XML Sitemap is and an example of it.
Documents and Search Engine Results
This video looks at the power documents have to do with improving your SEO.
Documents and Meta Data
This video explains how Meta Data can enhance your SEO. It shows you how to add Meta data to your documents to improve the SEO of your website the documents are added in.
Documents and SEO – Indexed Documents
This video looks at how to check to see which of your Word and PDF documents have been picked up and indexed by Google by typing in syntax’s into the search engine.
This video explains how to block pages from Google and explains why you would want to do this. Examples are shown of the code to do this.
Nofollow and WordPress
This video shows you how to change links to nofollow links either at a page level or an individual link level. It also shows you how to use WordPress plugins to create nofollow links.
This Video explains the importance of installing a plugin in your WordPress site to check for broken links and the impact this has on your SEO and how to do this.