How to Do a SEO Website Audit, Step by Step
What you'll learn
- Find all SEO (search engine optimization) issues with a website so they can be fixed.
- Uncover opportunities to improve SEO and increase organic traffic.
- Setup of Google Analytics and Google Search Console will be required. I give tips on the setup for both in the Getting Started lecture.
Calling all digital marketers, web developers and website owners! Learn how to correctly evaluate your (or your client's) website for SEO (search engine optimization). SEO is more than just placing keywords on your site, you could have overlooked major problems that are hurting your SEO performance.
In this course you will learn to do a step by step SEO audit of a website to uncover those problems as well as find opportunities to grow your organic traffic. I go beyond just teaching the concepts of SEO that you can read about, this is a hands on course that walks through an audit of a real eCommerce site. If you don't know much about SEO, don't worry, I tell you WHY I'm doing the check and then show you HOW to do the check, using only FREE tools.
In the 75 plus lectures in this course, we'll check the accessibility, on page factors such as meta tags, engagement metrics and authority of the site. You'll get a good grounding in Technical SEO, and you will also learn and apply concepts like domain authority and content quality.
At end of the course you will have a completed checklist of your site's SEO issues and a greater understanding of SEO.
You will be able to download a checklist and a list of tools needed for the SEO audit.
Students have said:
"Out of 8 courses I have done on Udemy on this subject matter, this course is by far the best on all scores"
"... very informative course."
"This course is excellent. All the information is explained in such a way that I don't need any clarification."
New lectures added! 3 new lectures on Page Speed and Core Web Vitals.
Who this course is for:
- Website owners with a do-it-yourself attitude that are comfortable with technology and who are serious about their online businesses.
- Service providers such as a website developer or a digital marketer that want to add SEO services to their offerings.
- Some SEO knowledge is helpful but not absolutely required.
Kathy Alice Brown has been a SEO Consultant for over ten years, with a primary focus on Technical SEO, consulting with both large brands and with small businesses. Prior to SEO, she worked for technology companies in roles that included Web Engineering and QA Management.
Even though her background is mainly technical, Kathy loves to write and has ghost written ebooks and articles.