SEO Primer - Search Engine Optimization for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Develop your own "SEO Mindset" to evaluate SEO techniques and opportunities
- Know the main ranking factors in Google today, and go about optimizing their own website.
- Create search engine optimized content for their website.
- Understand the difference between White Hat, Black Hat and Grey Hat, and make the correct choices for their own website.
- Create content that looks like it was written by an expert in the field, giving it the best possible chances of ranking in Google.
- This course assumes no prior knowledge, but you should probably have a website or web presence (current or planned) that you are interested in optimizing for the search engines.
This "SEO Primer" course will teach you the basics of a sustainable, long-term SEO strategy. However, it is not just about showing you how to optimize your website. I'm sure you have heard the expression "give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, feed him forever". Well, that is my approach to teaching you SEO in this course. I want you to leave this course with an SEO Mindset, so you understand what Google wants, and how to give it to them. I want you to understand why some SEO techniques are risky, while others are not, and have the ability to evaluate SEO techniques you hear about on-the-fly.
This course introduces you to SEO, what it is and why it is necessary.
You'll learn about Black Hat, White Hat and Grey Hat SEO, and how to spot these three different "varieties" of search engine optimization.
I'll show you how SEO used to be done a few short years ago, with real examples of content that used to rank very well, and make good money for me. We'll look at what those techniques no longer work, and then concentrate on the factors that are the most important today.
You will learn the very best place to get your SEO knowledge from - Google itself.
In the final section of this primer, you'll learn how to create high quality content for your site. You'll also learn all about the importance of backlinking. I'll show you my "Holy Grail" of backlinks - a checklist of things to look for when you evaluate a backlinking opportunity, as well as the best way to achieve this type of backlink.
By the time you finish this primer, you'll have a good grasp of White Hat SEO which will give you a powerful foundation for your SEO adventures. Most importantly of all, you'll have an SEO mindset that will act as your compass as you navigate the web and start to improve your web page rankings.
Who this course is for:
- You should take this course if you are looking for a long-term, sustainable SEO strategy.
- You should not take this course if you are looking for the latest Google "Loophole", or short-term ranking strategy.
I have written and published a number of books that are available on Amazon, including books on WordPress ("WordPress for Beginners 2023"), Self-Publishing ("Self-Publishing on Amazon 2022"), and search engine optimization ("SEO 2021"). I also run a website called ezSEONews, where I provide tutorials on a number of skills required for running a successful website.
As an ex-schoolteacher, I hope I can make complicated topics simple to understand. I certainly enjoy trying!