SEO Link Building Basics
- Basic Computer Skills
- Willingness to Learn
Link Building Made Easy!
As a website owner it’s hard to know what tactics are viable in growing your website’s online visibility. Everyone says that links are important in gaining traffic from Google, but no one talks about how to secure good links that make sense from relevant websites.
That's why we put this course together: we want to share our agency’s experience. We’ve built links for every business imaginable, from Fortune 500 to small online mom and pop shops.
In our beginner’s course, we’ll cover the basics: why links matter, link building myths, and link building mistakes.
Next we’ll talk fundamentals: keyword research, anchor text diversity, how to analyze a link, and how to analyze a website’s entire backlink profile.
After that we will teach you how to find target sites for link prospecting, including analyzing a competitor’s backlinks, using advanced search in Google, and how to analyze a website.
- Anyone interested in search engine optimization (SEO) and link building.
- Why Links Matter04:52
- Link Building Myths07:23
- Link Building Tactics and Strategies You Should Avoid09:22
- Link Building Keyword Research: Find Your Keywords08:49
- The Importance of Anchor Text Diversity05:26
- How To Analyze A Link09:17
- How To Conduct A Backlink Analysis08:45
- How To Analyze Competitor's Backlinks07:18
- Introduction To Link Prospecting01:14
- Link Prospecting In Action09:56
- Before You Build Links00:58
- Before You Build Links—Checklist1 page
The course was compiled by Jon Ball. Jon is the co-founder and CEO of Page One Power, a custom link building firm based in Boise, ID.
Over the course of three years, Jon has grown Page One Power from a two-person operation into a 100 employee powerhouse. Jon and P1P help world class brands and mom & pop shops around the globe achieve higher traffic and search rankings through relevant, high-quality backlinks.
Jon also shares his expertise at search marketing conferences all across North America. He is a regular contributor to Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land and Search Engine Journal.
Voice over by Thomas Swisher.