SEO for Startups, Founders, and Indie Hackers
- Basic knowledge of Google Sheets is helpful but not required
Organic traffic from search engines is a gold mine for startups. Not only does organic traffic lower your cost per lead, but it also converts (up to 5x) better than any other traffic source.
And unlike paid website visitors, search traffic compounds over time so even if you stop creating new content you'll still see new visitors month after month for years to come. I'll show you how to find the right keywords to drive the right visitors to your site without spending a dime.
By the end of this course, you'll have a comprehensive content strategy for months and months of long-form content. But more importantly, you'll know how to consistently outrank competitors for the most valuable keyword for your business.
- Founders, startups, and bloggers
- Hi, my name is Jared
- What Is SEO?
- Meet the Search Engine Results Page (SERPs)
- Setting Up Google Search Console
- How to Verify Your Domain in GSC
- Performance Report Overview in GSC
- Coverage Report Overview in GSC
- Enhancements Report Overview in GSC
- Mozlow's Hierarchy of SEO Needs
- Website Performance Report
- What Are Sitemaps?
- Submit Your Sitemap
- Crawl Maps
- Sitemaps Example Problem
- Branded Search vs. Non-branded Search
- What Is Search Intent?
- Head Terms vs. Long-tail Keywords
- Keyword Research in AHREFs
- Keyword Research Template
- Keyword Map & Content Process
- How to Find Good Keywords
- 5 Keys to Good On-page SEO
Jared McKinney is an experienced full-stack marketer and copywriter who gets results at every stage of the funnel. He's helped multiple high-growth enterprise software companies double down on content marketing and automation. At Domo, his work was featured on the homepage of Slideshare (Avg. 190M visitors/ month) twice. Jared combines data-driven product insights with unforgettable visual storytelling for high-impact marketing campaigns.