SEO Quickstart for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Know about all essential topics to make your web site rank best in Google
- Be familiar with the language of SEO: from "brand keyword" to "content discovery", from "SERP" to "authority pages", from "Power times Trust" to "anchor texts"
- Have a detailed understanding of which tool to use for which SEO task
- Be ready to start off with the optimization of your web page
- A Computer with a browser and internet access
The course will guide you into the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). In less than 80 minutes you will get to know all the essentials, in a both compact and comprehensive way.
The course consists of 3 Factors:
1. Learning your vocabulary: dive into the language of SEO. What are SERPS, brand and money keywords, broken links, power and trust, anchor texts, 301 redirects and content discovery? These and many more terms and their explanation are included in the lectures.
2. Get to know the Tools: there are numerous tools on the market to support you in optimizing your webpage, blog or shop. By showing hands on sessions you will learn how to use tools like e.g. Sistrix, Link Research Tools, Google Keyword Planner, Spike
3. Tips & Tricks: Obtain numerous concrete instructions on how to optimize your website in order to get ranked best in search engines. In the end of the course you will receive a summary in the form of a check list.
Topics you will learn about: Keywords, Search Engine Result Page (SERP), Search Index, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), On Page Optimization, HTML, Tags, Brand keywords, Money keywords, Long Tail / Compound key words, Title Tag, Meta Description Tag, H1 Headline, H2 Headline, Text Body, Keyword Stuffing, Supplementary Content, Video Captions, Image Alt Tag, HTML5 vs. Flash, Outbound Links, Internal Links, Backlinks, Broken Links, Authority Pages, Trustworthyness, Google Keyword Planner, Average Monthly Searches, Keyword Suggestion Lists, Google Suggest, Sistrix Visibility Index, Google Panda Update, Off Page Optimization, Link Graph, Page Rank, Power, mozRank, Link Farm, Black Hat SEO, White Hat SEO, Trustes Sites, Site Authority, Page Authority , Follow, No Follow, Power*Trust, Open SEO Stats, Link Partnership, Social Bookmarks, Web Directories, Anchor Text, Link Research Tools, seoMOZ, Link Profile, Co-Occurrence, Harmful Backlinks, Deep Link, Index Ability, User Sitemap, XML Sitemap, robots.txt, Canonical Links, Pagination, 404 Error, 301 Redirect, 302 Redirect, Response Code 200, Apache Mod Rewrite, Tidy HTML, Social SEO, Content Discovery
Credits: Cover picture by Leonardo Shinagawa on Flickr, CC Licence
Who this course is for:
- A practical course with hands on sessions for beginners who want to know all essentials about SEO in both a comprehensive and compact way
- A course for intermediates who want to wrap up about the different areas of SEO and their interrelations
Master Degree in Physics with studies in Cologne (Germany), Lisbon (Portugal) and Salvador de Bahia (Brazil). Since 1998, I have been working as a Consultant, Project Manager and Trainer for several IT companies related to the Internet Business.
I have been a trainer for numerous customers and colleagues both online and in classes, always being curious about latest trends in IT technologies. I live in Cologne, Germany.