Semantics and the MarkLogic NoSQL Database
- Download but don't setup the virtual machine that will be used to complete the hands-on labs. We'll walk you through the setup of the virtual machine in the course.
- You should be familiar with MarkLogic and have completed the free "Fundamentals of the MarkLogic NoSQL Database" course on Udemy.
In this hands-on training course you learn about the world of semantics and triples while using enterprise NoSQL multi-model database MarkLogic as your graph database for storing and querying triples while using open standards RDF and SPARQL.
In addition, learn how using a multi-model database allows you not only to create sophisticated queries against your triples, but also include other types of content, such as XML, JSON, and binary documents, in your real-time searches and transactional applications.
In this 8-hour course, you are provided with a free virtual machine that gives you the ability to do the entire course hands-on, at the same time as the instructor. As you go through the course hands-on, you learn how organizations are using semantics, where triples come from and how they can be created, the various triple formats, how to load triples into a MarkLogic database, how triples are stored in MarkLogic, how to generate a triple index, how to write SPARQL queries, how to write path expressions to traverse a graph, how to use inferencing to gain additional knowledge from triples, how to update triples, and how to integrate search and SPARQL combination queries within an application.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for developers with database experience. We strongly recommend that you first complete the free "Fundamentals of the MarkLogic NoSQL Database" course on Udemy.
- 04:24Introducing the Course
- 04:59Understanding the Course System Requirements
- 00:13Downloading the Course Virtual Machine
- 03:36Using VirtualBox
- 04:51Getting Set Up
- 05:19Introducing Semantics
- 05:34Understanding Semantics in Use - Part 1
- 05:06Understanding Semantics in Use - Part 2
- 09:16Using Semantics in MarkLogic
- 01:54Pop Quiz
MarkLogic University provides free technical training courses on the MarkLogic NoSQL database platform. Our goal is to make it really easy and accessible for anyone to learn quickly through interactive, hands on training. We teach people what MarkLogic is, why it is different and valuable, and how to use MarkLogic to build cool apps and solve real world data integration challenges.