Self–Ligation in Orthodontic treatment
What you'll learn
- Treatment with self ligating brackets
- Evolution of Ligation and Appliances
- Torque expression of self-ligating brackets
- Ligation of Archwires
- Reduction of Overall Treatment Time. Retention. Longer Intervals between Adjustments. Cost and Treatment Efficiency
- Interested in becoming an orthodontic specialist
This course will take you from zero to hero of the following orthodontic topic: Self-ligation in orthodontics
Here are the main headlines that this course covers:
Self-ligation in orthodontics
1. Evolution of Ligation and Appliances
1.1 Begg pins
1.2 Self ligation
Damon SL brackets
Damon 2 brackets
Damon 3 and Damon 3 MX brackets
System R brackets
2. The self ligating bracket
2.1 Bracket body
2.3 Auxiliary Slots
3. Active and passive systems
4. Properties of an Ideal Ligation System
5. Friction and self ligation
6. Torque expression of self-ligating brackets
6.1 Torque expression
6.2 Torque loss
7. Treatment with self ligating brackets
7.1 Archwire Sequence
7.3 Ligation of Archwires
7.4 Reduction of Overall Treatment Time
7.6 Longer Intervals between Adjustments
8. Cost and Treatment Efficiency
Who this course is for:
- General dentists and post-graduate students
- Dental students
Dr. Ivelina Koycheva is a renowned international lecturer and trains dentists from all over the world in orthodontics. She is the author of over 40 online orthodontic courses, which are attended by dentists from Germany, England, Italy, France, USA, Ireland, Mexico, Bahrain, South Africa, Kenya, Taiwan, the Netherlands, Thailand, Turkey, Portugal, Egypt and many other countries.
She is the author of the books “Orthodontic Treatment Protocols” and “Everything about orthodontic treatment”. She is the best-selling and highest-rated orthodontic trainer in Udemy.
Dr. Ivelina Koycheva is the inventor of an innovative method of applying stabilization arches during orthodontic treatment that significantly optimizes treatment time.
She graduated Dental Medicine at Medical University – Sofia and specialized in orthodontics in Poland. She learned orthodontic specifics from world-known lecturers like Prof. Adrian Becker, Prof. Stella Chaushu, Dr. Richard P. McLaughlin (creator of the MBT braces system), Dr. Giorgio Fiorelli.
She applies the acquired knowledge in her daily orthodontic practice. She has treated hundreds of cases in her orthodontic clinic.