Vivian Kulaga, PhD, is an expert in the neuroscience behind the mind and body connection, the treatment of psychological trauma using EMDR therapy, and holistic approaches to healing from complex physical and mental illnesses. She is also a public speaker and the host of the podcast series Coffee with Scientists, where she interviews the world's top scientific minds. She has over 14 years of academic and professional experience in medical science and wellness, and over 10 years of personal experience of surviving and recovering from chronic pain, complex illness, and psychological trauma.
Vivian has an academic background in neuroscience, a PhD in medical science, pharmacology and toxicology, professional training in natural and scientifically sound mind and body therapies such as EMDR therapy, Hypnotherapy, Meditation and Mindfulness, and Yoga. To read more about Vivian's personal story or to watch her personal story visit her website or watch her YouTube channel at VivPhD.
Education, Certifications, Memberships, Special Trainings and Courses
- PhD in Medical Science and Toxicology, Institute of Medical Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Doctoral-level Collaborative Program in Biomedical Toxicology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacology, University of Toronto
- Certified EMDR Therapist, EMDRIA - Approved EMDR Training
- Member of EMDR International Association and EMDR Canada
- Dissociation of the Personality and the EMDR Treatment of Chronic Traumatization Program
- Certified Hypnosis Practitioner, Masters Level, Ontario Hypnosis Centre, Toronto, Canada
- Masters level Course in the Architecture of Hypnosis by Mike Mandel at the University of Toronto
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) for Depression and Anxiety Course
- Mindfulness-Based Chronic Pain Management Course
- Honours Bachelor of Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Neuroscience and Biology
- Certified Yoga Instructor (with Ashtanga yoga practice since 1999)