Self-Directed Solo 401(k) - Explained
What you'll learn
- This course will teach you about Self-Directed Solo 401(k)s and how they are arguably the best tax savings/deferral strategy for people with self-employment income and no full-time W-2 employees who want to self-direct their investments into almost any asset class.
- Gain an understanding of the Self-Directed Solo 401(k)’s eligibility requirements, contribution limits, investment options, features and provisions.
- Discover tax-planning opportunities that can help you have a tax-efficient and compliant savings strategy for today and in retirement.
- Learn the pitfalls that could result in adverse tax consequences and penalties.
- Obtain important tax filing information and learn about the reporting requirements for the plan.
- You must have earned income from self-employment (as a business owner or earning 1099 income) and have no W-2 employees working more than 1,000 hrs/yr. (Spouse and business partners are OK.)
- You cannot have another business that has W-2 employees working more than 1,000 hrs/yr, nor can your spouse or business partner. It would create "control group" issues.
- The earned income must come from a United States-based company or 1099 independent contractor services.
This course is designed for people who earn income from self-employment as a business owner or 1099 independent contractor and do not have W-2 employees working more than 1,000 hours per year. (Refer to the course requirements or prerequisites section for more details.) It will provide a detailed introduction to Self-Directed Solo 401(k) retirement plans so that you can: recognize how you might benefit from adopting a plan, gain solid background knowledge to understand how it works, learn the do’s and don’ts for using it to invest in a wide array of traditional and alternative investments, such as real estate, through self-direction, and discover important information regarding applicable tax implications and filing requirements. Understanding this highly tax-efficient, but underutilized, strategy of implementing a retirement plan, such as a Self-Directed Solo 401(k), will give you the tools to adopt one of the best, most cost-effective, and tax-efficient optimization strategies available.
If you are looking for a way to save today and for tomorrow that allows you to invest the way you want, so that you can live the lifestyle that you want, give back the way you want, and ultimately have the future that you want, take my course today to learn more about the extremely tax-advantaged Self-Directed Solo 401(k) so that you can take control and self-direct your investments, lifestyle, philanthropy, and future.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for people who earn income from self-employment as a business owner or 1099 independent contractor and do not have W-2 employees working more than 1,000 hours per year - for theirs or a 'related person's' business. (See the course requirements section.)
- See the course description for more information.
Whitney Nash is the President and CEO of Nashional Self-Directed LLC. She is a Self-Directed Solo 401(k) retirement plan provider and educational consultant. Prior to starting Nashional Self-Directed, Whitney spent several years as a Financial Advisor working alongside her husband, who is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and CPA. This experience has given her a unique perspective and overlapping knowledgebase about retirement plans and their tax implications. In addition to offering continuing education webinars for tax professionals on Udemy and CPAacademy, Whitney also provides in-person lectures that address basic and advanced Self-Directed Solo 401(k) information and concepts at tax/accounting and real estate-related seminars and conferences.