Selenium WebDriver with C# for Beginners + Live Testing Site
- Installed Visual Studio
- Have Basic Coding Knowledge - Variables, Simple If statements, Simple For loops
- Basic Knowledge in C# (Not a necessity, but it will help you!)
Selenium is a free automation testing tool for web applications. It is able to work with different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera and simulate human like behavior. Selenium is able to interact with all the different elements in a webpage. It can click on them, input text, extract text and much more. By covering all the different functionalities on your website with Selenium tests, you will be able to quickly catch new and reappearing old bugs. This will save your team time and money.
Specially for you, I have prepared a website where you can play around and practice your skills.
The website has special elements designed specificly for the course and for you to be able to easily work with them and learn.
In this course we will focus on Graphic User Interface and Functionality Testing and we will learn how to work with the various selectors that Selenium offers us to use like:
- Name selector
- ID Selector
- Class Name selector
- CSS Path selector
- X Path selector
After that we will learn how to work with some special elements like:
- Input text boxes
- Check boxes
- Radio buttons
- Drop down menus
We will also have a few theory lectures in which I will explain when you should use either of these selectors, how to inspect elements and what is an Automation Testing Framework and why do we need to learn how to create one.
- Manual Testers
- QA Interns
- QA Professionals with no Selenium experience
- Freelancers that want to make bugfree websites
- Introduction to the course and an answer to "Why C#?"04:22
- Installing Visual Studio03:16
- Getting Started - Setup your environment06:03
- Class Name02:49
- CSS and X Paths06:10
- NoSuchElement Exception04:17
- How do you handle NoSuchElement Exception?1 question
- How to chose the right selector?03:13
- Which selector you should use and why?2 questions
- Text Input Field06:59
- Check Box06:57
- Radio Button05:51
- Drop Down Menu10:44
- Alert Box05:26
- Special Elements Source Code00:03
- Special Elements quick Quizz5 questions
- What is an Automation Testing Framework?03:45
- Bonus Lecture: Learn how to build a Framework05:12
I have graduated at Technical University of Varna as a Robotics Engineer. With several years of experience as a Passionate Developer and Engineer, I am now an Online Entrepreneur. Teaching is one of my passions, and what better and more impactful way to teach, than to do it online with thousands of students?
Currently focusing on providing quality education to tens of thousands of students across the globe, on subjects including:
- Programming, focusing on the C# Programming Language
- MATLAB, because this is a scientific tool that no scientist can do without
- Running Online Businesses that Earn Passive Income
For the past four years I have focused on the above and I have never stepped into the 9 to 5 world, I have worked in a company only once in my entire life and it lasted only 2 months. That's when I realized that, I can't learn the things that I want and I can't buy the things that I want buy working for someone else. You should start working for yourself aswell!
It does not matter if you want to become a developer or to run niche sites around the web, you can do both of these things in your own time as a freelancer or a business owner. And I can teach you how to do both of these things.
A little more about me:
I love tinkering with mechanics and with computers, currently obsessed with my Golf VR6. You can hit me up for some mechanic nerd talking. I love playing Dota 2 from time to time when I am resting, I love hikes and my cat, and I am a huge fan of most TV Serials.