Selection Interviewing: Hire the Best, Avoid the Rest!
What you'll learn
- A research proven approach to the hiring interview.
- The 5 Step Selection Interviewing Process.
- The 7 different types of interview questions.
- The 7 phases of the interview session.
- How to write custom interview questions for each position.
- How to avoid the major errors made in the hiring interview.
- How to create and use a Selection Interview Guide.
- How to evaluate candidate answers.
- The best way to structure the hiring interview to maximize hiring the best candidate.
- How to create and use the Skill Assessment Grid.
- What to do BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the interview to choose the best candidate.
- A method that has been used by hundreds of corporate clients.
- How to maximize the most important component of the employee process: THE INTERVIEW.
- How to avoid the high cost of a bad hiring decision.
- No special requirements
In this course you will learn how to hire employees who know what to do, how to do it and who fit the position and your organization. That’s the person you want to hire. You want to hire the best.
The Interview is potentially your MOST POWERFUL tool in the hiring process. Unfortunately, it is also typically the MOST POORLY EXECUTED part of the hiring process!! NO LONGER!
This class will show you how to maximize the effectiveness of your employee selection interviews. And you don’t do that with tricks or hacks, or by using trick questions. You hire the best by learning a clear, concise process that is uniquely designed for your positions throughout. A process that allows you to hire people who are a good fit for both the position and your organization.
In this course you will learn:
What to do BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER the interview.
How to develop job-specific interview questions.
How to pre-screen candidates to your best advantage.
How to effectively structure the interview session.
How to maximize the entire process.
...and much more...
Two Special Downloadable Course Bonuses:
1. The Selection Interview Guide: a tool to guide you through the interview session.
2. The Selection Interview Handbook: a written version of the course that contains over 80 custom, skill-specific interview questions for your use in hiring.
This course is designed for new interviewers through those seasoned professionals who want to up their game beyond the standard, and overused, Strengths and Weaknesses questions.
Learn from an organizational psychologist who has spent several decades as a consultant helping hundreds of organizations and 1000s of individuals improve their employee selection. Someone who has developed hundreds of custom interview questions and will show you how to do the same for yourself.
Who this course is for:
- Managers who conduct hiring interviews.
- Human Resource professionals.
- Business owners who conduct selection interviews.
- Anyone responsible for interviewing job candidates; both new and experienced interviewers will benefit.
- Anyone involved in the hiring process.
Larry Pfaff has masters and doctoral degrees in Counseling Psychology and is a Licensed Therapist.
Dr. Pfaff has worked with literally thousands of people from all walks of life in the areas of career and executive coaching.
His research is cited in The Performance Improvement Quarterly, The Journal of Psychological Type, HR Magazine, Inc., BusinessWeek, Working Woman, Incentive, Executive Female, Across the Board and Retailing Today. He has done published research on women in leadership.
He has run a full-time Private Consulting Practice and has 19 years of experience in full-time University teaching (Psychology and Business) and leadership (Dean and Program Director).
In addition, he has consulted on team building, employee selection, management development, organizational needs assessment, and performance appraisal. He is author of the SELECTPro® Selection Interview system, a method of conducting behavior-based selection interviews.
Currently he is a Career and Executive Coach focusing on the following:
1) People needing career help...clarifying career direction or career specialization, deciding on a career change, or simply finding a job that is more fulfilling through resume and interview coaching.
2) Executive Coaching...People trying to be more effective in their current leadership role in an organization.
He is also an American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Health Coach and often uses that expertise with executive clients.
He has taught psychotherapy or personal counseling for decades.
He served on the Michigan Board of Counseling for ten years, two years as chair. He has authored five assessment tests that are sold by the largest online testing company. He owns a web business that helps organizations design their hiring interviews.