Hiring and retaining a new employee online course
What you'll learn
- We will show you how selecting a new employee, and ensuring their success are two different yet interdependent tasks;
- We will help you devise a selection process, so you will choose the right candidate;
- We will give you the tools to bring the new team member on board, so you can both enjoy success;
- We will address succession planning;
- We will discuss service contracts versus employment relationships, and the potential implications if contractors are deemed employees by authorities.
- No previous business training or experience is required.
The hiring process is often considered a one-sided equation; however, selecting the ‘Right Fit’ should work both ways as the team must have the right members, and the member must have the right team. For those who question the two-sidedness of this, you can be assured the most talented will only stay when the work environment is congruent with their own values, needs and desires.
Selecting the right team member consists of two primary phases: the first being choosing the right candidate, and second, taking the appropriate steps to ensure they are successful.
Selecting the team member includes:
- Determining what the ‘Right Fit’ is for your organization
- Advertising clearly articulating the Work Description and what you consider as the ‘Right Fit.’
- Assessing potential applicants to ensure they meet the requirements.
- Selecting the right candidate.
Ensuring Success includes:
-Providing the chosen team member an appropriate orientation to the organization.
-Providing the individual the required training to perform their duties.
-Setting formal written objectives and ensuring they are clearly understood.
-Monitoring progress and providing timely and constructive feed-back.
-Addressing issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
-Providing an appropriate environment and renumeration.
Finally, as part of our Forward Looking agenda, as leaders we must be prepared to replace team members should they move on; we call this Succession Planning.
Let us help you through the process!
Who this course is for:
- Business owners, managers, and supervisors responsible for hiring and managing employees.
I have been a professional accountant for over twenty years, and have worked in public sector, not-for-profit, income tax audit, and private industry including manufacturing.
In addition to being an accountant, I served as a military aircraft mechanic for five years, and worked for three years as an operations manager with vocational trades training in the federal penitentiary system.
Adding to over twenty years of business administration experience, I also served for sixteen years as a volunteer firefighter and search and rescue technician.
Finally, I have experienced business ownership as a property investor and manager, and I am now sharing my experiences as a business author and course writer, bringing an integrated approach to business administration training.