Foundations of Computer Science: Theory and Practice
- Basic understanding of basic programming concepts
- Basic understanding of high school mathematics
Master a selection of Algorithms and how to analyze their performance using complexity analysis
Understand the different data structures like LinkedLists, Stacks, Queues, Trees, Graphs (etc.) and use them to solve problems efficiently
Learn these essential topics using Python. Python is easy and quite fun!
Study groups will be organized in Beirut, Lebanon once a week during which you'll be able to go over the material that you didn't understand, ask questions and solve problems with our experts. Schedule will be sent to all students taking this course.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to learn the fundamental topics of Computer Science. A good understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms will take you a long way as a programmer
As an enthusiast you will learn the ability to evaluate your code and optimize it for greatest efficiency. Data Structures will greatly enhance how you write your code and how to effectively store and manipulate data in memory
As a former Computer Science or Software Engineering student this course will be a strong refresher
Enroll in this FREE course and you will learn:
Python (Programming Language)
Algorithms (Sort, Search, Binary Search Tree Insert/Delete/Search, Depth First Search, Breadth First Search)
Complexity Analysis (Big-O)
Data Structures (Linked List, Stack, Queue, Priority Queue, Trees, Graphs)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the fundamental topics of Computer Science
- Computer Science or Software Engineering student who needs a refersher
- Enthusiasts who want the ability to evaluate their code and optimize it for greatest efficiency
- 01:10Welcome to the Foundations of Computer Science!
- 02:39Python, why we're using it in this course
- 00:47Scalar objects, the simple types
- 00:48The types of objects in Python
- 9 questionsOn types
- 06:01Arithmetic operators
- 08:52Operator precedence
- 03:33Handling input and output
- 01:38Variables, using names instead of just values
- 14 questionsArithmetic Operators
- 1 questionCalculate the sum of two numbers
SE Factory is a leading, not for profit, coding bootcamp in Lebanon aiming to teach young computer science and computer engineering graduates all the hard and soft skills needed to become highly employable professional software engineers, with focus on candidates from different socioeconomic backgrounds. SE Factory has been operating for 3 years to date and has graduated hundreds of students.