Intro to Cyber Security Certification - Security+ Boot Camp
What you'll learn
- Plan a career in the Cyber Security Industry
- Get insight into the 'Six Domains' covered in the Security+ Exam
- Obtain Cyber Security experience and build up your resume
- Take the next step and prepare for in-depth Security+ training
- An interest in Cyber Security.
- Operating System Basics - Linux and Windows
This course covers basic information related to Security+ Certification and Cyber Security Career planning. I cover the concepts and career opportunities that are out there and help you chart your course towards your career goals.
This course includes over ten lessons where you will learn what Cyber Security is, what Security+ certification is, and the types of jobs available to you. I also give you tips on how to get resume building experience. This course is a starting point for you to chart your course to a well paying and satisfying Cyber Security career. I conclude this course with recommended next steps and resources to get you on the fast track to certification, and ultimately, relentlessly pursued by recruiters.
The demand for Cyber Security Engineers, Administrators, Consultants, Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, etc. is immense. The Security+ certification is an attainable path to helping business protect their digital assets in the cloud and on-premise. You can do it!
What are the requirements?
• You only need an internet connection and a Udemy account to access the course.
What am I going to get from this course?
• Comprehend Cyber Security
• Introduction to the Security+ certification is at a high level
• Recognize the Myriad of Cyber Security Career Paths that Security+ Certification provides
What is the target audience?
• This course is intended for absolute beginners and IT professionals looking to make the move into the Cyber Security field. No programming experience or prior security knowledge is required. A basic understanding of networking and TCP/IP is helpful. This course is intended for anyone who is interested in a career in Cyber Security
• Security+ concepts teach many professionals to plan for and address Cyber Security issues on a daily basis using free open source software tools.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for students new to Cyber Security as well as those in IT wanting to advance their skills and pay through Security+ Certification
Instructor Bio – Chad Russell
Join the Cyber Security Industry!
If you are interested in starting a career in the Cyber Security Industry now is the time!
Learning the fundamentals of Cyber Security provides you with a powerful and very useful set of skills. Study Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking and learn to think like a hacker so you can better defend your networks and data.
Jobs in Cyber Security are plentiful, and getting Security+ Certified will give you a strong background to more easily pick up and tackle more advanced exams such as the Certified Ethical Hacker and CISSP certifications.
Get certified and land an entry level Cyber Security position paying upwards of six figures! There are currently over a million Cyber Security job openings global and demand is greatly outpacing supply which means more opportunity, job security and higher pay for you!
But, don't take my word for it...please take a look at the FREE previews (they are available in all my courses) and see for yourself. This year I have partnered with Web of Security, a premier provider of ‘All Things Information Security’ to bring you a fantastic suite of Cyber Security certification training to help you get into the hottest industry in IT.
Hello, I’m Chad Russell. I’ve been in the CyberSecurity industry for over 15 years. I’ve taught Microsoft Engineering courses as a Certified trainer, I’ve managed teams of security engineers and analysts for an internet banking provider, I’ve been an information security consultant working for companies including SAP, Microsoft and Oracle.
I lead and conduct 'Security Risk Assessments' for customers throughout North America with an emphasis on cloud security, identity governance, network security, social engineering, mobile security, breach assessments, database security and access management.
Over the past 15 years I've held numerous certifications including CISSP, CCNP, MCSE and MCDBA certifications and have a B.S. in Computer Science from Excelsior College I can help you get certified and get ahead!