Intro to Cyber Security Certification - Security+ Boot Camp
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Plan a career in the Cyber Security Industry
- Get insight into the 'Six Domains' covered in the Security+ Exam
- Obtain Cyber Security experience and build up your resume
- Take the next step and prepare for in-depth Security+ training
- An interest in Cyber Security.
- Operating System Basics - Linux and Windows
This course covers basic information related to Security+ Certification and Cyber Security Career planning. I cover the concepts and career opportunities that are out there and help you chart your course towards your career goals.
This course includes over ten lessons where you will learn what Cyber Security is, what Security+ certification is, and the types of jobs available to you. I also give you tips on how to get resume building experience. This course is a starting point for you to chart your course to a well paying and satisfying Cyber Security career. I conclude this course with recommended next steps and resources to get you on the fast track to certification, and ultimately, relentlessly pursued by recruiters.
The demand for Cyber Security Engineers, Administrators, Consultants, Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, etc. is immense. The Security+ certification is an attainable path to helping business protect their digital assets in the cloud and on-premise. You can do it!
What are the requirements?
• You only need an internet connection and a Udemy account to access the course.
What am I going to get from this course?
• Comprehend Cyber Security
• Introduction to the Security+ certification is at a high level
• Recognize the Myriad of Cyber Security Career Paths that Security+ Certification provides
What is the target audience?
• This course is intended for absolute beginners and IT professionals looking to make the move into the Cyber Security field. No programming experience or prior security knowledge is required. A basic understanding of networking and TCP/IP is helpful. This course is intended for anyone who is interested in a career in Cyber Security
• Security+ concepts teach many professionals to plan for and address Cyber Security issues on a daily basis using free open source software tools.
- This course is designed for students new to Cyber Security as well as those in IT wanting to advance their skills and pay through Security+ Certification
We discuss the domains covered in the Security+ certification exam. Relentless innovation coupled with the tectonic shift to the cloud have placed you in the right place at the right time to learn the skills to succeed in the Cyber Security industry.
This is an excerpt on 'Buffer Overflows' from the 'Security+ Certification Training Course' which you will learn more about in the next 'Bonus Lesson' below.
As Security Practitioners it's important to understand how to exploit and secure computer programs. In this example I'll show you what makes programs insecure and how to address it.
The first logical Cyber Security career step is to attain is the Security+ Certification. Attaining this Certification opens up a myriad of career options for you. In this lecture we discuss not only the obvious career route of that of a Cyber Security Administrator, but also opportunities for Cyber Security Analysts, Project Managers, Product Managers, Developers, Architects, and a whole lot more.
Volunteer for a non-profit or local business that needs your Cyber Security help. There are many non-profit organizations that need Cyber Security services on a daily basis. They are often stretched for resources and lack the personnel to help them customize the platform to meet their needs. You may be able to volunteer time to these non-profits in order to assist them with their Cyber Security implementation, as well as gain valuable experience that you can then add to your resume.