Security alarm systems - The complete course from A-Z
What you'll learn
- How to design and install a professional security system for your home or business, from an experienced security system technician
- Proper programming of the system to meet your needs and specifications
- The ability to control your security system remotely from your phone, tablet, or computer.
- How to receive text messages and/or emails from your system in an emergency, make your house a smart home.
- How to upgrade your existing security system to one that can text you in an emergency, without monthly fees
- Access to Kyle for additional questions and guidance
- Life long access to the course with regular updates
- If you'd like your system to report to your smart phone, an open port on your internet router or switch is necessary
- Knowledge of drill and basic hand tools would be helpful
- Open to learning about security systems and their many uses
This course will take you step-by-step through the wiring, programming and use of a professional DSC security system. We'll also set up hardware that will allow you to receive emergency notifications from the system on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Here's some of what you'll learn in this course:
- Learn about modern security systems and how they work
- Demonstrate the many devices that work with these systems and how they can help secure your home/business
- Go over the wiring and install of the security hardware
- Program the system to your specifications
- Set up a module that will connect to your internet and security system to notify you in an emergency, giving you some smart home capabilities.
- Learn how to wire a home for security devices, or how to install battery powered devices depending on the situation
- Day-to-day use of your system, including arming/disarming, setting up user codes, and dealing with any system troubles
- How to update your existing system to a more modern version that can connect to an internet module
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting more information on how to secure their belongings and loved ones
- Electricians or trades people who want to understand low voltage and security systems more thoroughly
- Anyone considering starting a business or a career in the security or low voltage electronics field
Kyle is 36 years old and lives with his wife and 2 year old daughter in Northern Ontario, Canada.
He's been a security professional for over 7 years now. He is a business owner and technician in the security field. Other areas of expertise include camera, access control, and audio/video systems. He's trying hard to bring as much value as possible to students through his courses and experience.