Security Management: Excellence in Private Protection
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Become more comfortable as a Security Supervisor or Manager
- Manage Suppliers and Inventory – contracting for service, Purchasing, and Invoicing.
- Analyze Financial Reports, Profit & Loss, budget templates and collections records.
- Understand the business of Contract vs Private Security – Structure, Operations, Management.
- Navigate confidently through Human Resource Management and Labor / Union Relations.
- Read and apply Legislation governing the security industry - PSISA, PIPEDA, Fire Code, etc.
- Manage Security Systems, technological capabilities, and service offerings.
- Learn how to Conduct Threat-Risk Assessments and Security Audits/Surveys
- No prior preparation or materials are necessary.
The course is about how be a Security Manager of Physical Security Programs, which include protection of people, property, information and reputation.
If you are a security supervisor or a lead guard and you aspire to become a manager, or take the next step in your career, this course is for you.
If you are a management professional looking to move into the security industry, this course is for you.
The course covers Security Audits and Threat Risk Assessments, budgets and financials, systems and IT, disaster and emergency planning and Business Continuity Plans, labor relations and staff management, and processes, security policies, and procedures.
The course will take several hours to complete and is free-flowing - in that the modules can be studied independently of each other.
If you want to succeed as a manager of a security program (whether IT, Information, or Physical) - this course will prepare you for this success, and to advancing your career.
- Security professionals (officers, supervisors, team leaders, consultants, managers, and junior directors) who are looking to advance in their careers as Security Industry Experts.
- Corporate Human Resources / Staffing, Operational and general management professionals who oversee security operations in their professional careers.
- Former Police, Military, and other Public Law Enforcement professionals who seek to enter and advance in the private security industry worldwide.
- IT and Information Security professionals who seek to gain a more thorough understanding of the business and operations of Physical Security.
A review of the SOP, CBA, and the Employee Handbook - the critical documents at the security manager's hands to effectively manage employees
Its all about those numbers! We look at how to make them work for your security operations
You will gain the knowledge to provide expert security consultation service - we cover qualitative and quantitative TRAs, step-by-step guide to the Security Survey and tying these two programs together
This is what your department produces - we perform an in-depth study of reporting, and prepare you to deliver content and metrics to your organization
Providing the planning and protection that your organization expects and deserves in a crisis
Choosing the right security system for your business and the ins and outs of working with your security integrator
Often Security Managers get tasked with managing radio communications not only for security, but for the whole business operation - we examine here how to improve radio transmission and reception, administer radio supplies and equipment, and review challenges and the changing radio communication environment.