Security Management: Excellence in Private Protection
What you'll learn
- Become more comfortable as a Security Supervisor or Manager
- Manage Suppliers and Inventory – contracting for service, Purchasing, and Invoicing.
- Analyze Financial Reports, Profit & Loss, budget templates and collections records.
- Understand the business of Contract vs Private Security – Structure, Operations, Management.
- Navigate confidently through Human Resource Management and Labor / Union Relations.
- Read and apply Legislation governing the security industry - PSISA, PIPEDA, Fire Code, etc.
- Manage Security Systems, technological capabilities, and service offerings.
- Learn how to Conduct Threat-Risk Assessments and Security Audits/Surveys
- No prior preparation or materials are necessary.
The course is about how be a Security Manager of Physical Security Programs, which include protection of people, property, information and reputation.
If you are a Private Security supervisor or a lead guard and you aspire to become a manager, or take the next step in your career, this course is for you.
If you are a management professional looking to move into the security industry, this course is for you.
As this course shows - the private Security Industry is growing worldwide – it has stood through many social, economic, and political tests over the last 200 years, and through innovation, standardization, and equitable spread – continues growing and providing many opportunities for continued success.
The course covers Security Audits and Threat Risk Assessments, budgets and financials, systems and IT, disaster and emergency planning and Business Continuity Plans, labor relations and staff management, and processes, security policies, and procedures.
This course takes you through the challenges of managing organized, at times unionized labor, the planning required to maintain a healthy budget – in Contract Guarding and in departmental security, legal complexities associated with enforcement of rules and regulations at properties of various types, and planning for disasters in order to save lives, among many other interesting and current topics.
The course will take several hours to complete and is free-flowing - in that the modules can be studied independently of each other.
If you want to succeed as a manager of a security program (whether IT, Information, or Physical) - this course will prepare you for this success, and to advancing your career.
Who this course is for:
- Security professionals (officers, supervisors, team leaders, consultants, managers, and junior directors) who are looking to advance in their careers as Security Industry Experts.
- Corporate Human Resources / Staffing, Operational and general management professionals who oversee security operations in their professional careers.
- Former Police, Military, and other Public Law Enforcement professionals who seek to enter and advance in the private security industry worldwide.
- IT and Information Security professionals who seek to gain a more thorough understanding of the business and operations of Physical Security.
With over 10 years of Security, Investigations, and Emergency Management professional experience, I provide training and teaching services to classroom and online audiences of all ranks and backgrounds in all things Security.
I provide security consultation services to small and medium-sized businesses to make sure that they ARE secured, and that they FEEL secured.