Security Awareness Training
What you'll learn
- Discover new knowledge about online security and privacy!
- Determine if your password is secure enough and learn an easy method to creating long passwords that are easy to remember!
- Spot the differences between a real email and a scam email!
- Discover methods to browsing the web safe!
- Communicate through email more securely and learn to avoid accidental data leakage!
- All you will need is a browser! Which is easy since you are viewing this page within a browser! You can use Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or whatever else you choose!
Come join over 25,000 students in learning about computer security!
Security Awareness Training is a course that everyone can benefit from. This course will discuss security and privacy in regards to our personal devices, the passwords we use, phishing attacks and suspicious URLs, social engineering, data leakage, and some general tips for staying safe online. These topics are relevant today and are incredibly important to protect yourself and your data. We have all seen the stats and watched the news. Attacks, especially ransomware, are on the rise and we need to make sure we're staying safe and secure. It all starts from learning the basics, which is what this course is about.
This course is offered at a basic level and it is not a technical course. Anyone who wants to learn more about security and privacy will benefit from taking this course. You don't need to be a computer science major to take this! The course is taught mostly through video and there are quizzes at the end of each section. The video portion of the course is around 2 hours and the whole course should take around 3 hours to complete. I'll always be around to answer any questions you have!
Who this course is for:
- This course is targeted towards employees who access the web as part of their jobs, whether it is through websites or email! If you are not an employee, this course is still for you as there are many things to learn about security and privacy online.
- This course is being offered at a basic level and is suitable for all people whether they have knowledge in this area or not.
- Learn about phishing attacks, data leakage, social engineering, safe browsing practices, as well as many other general security and privacy tips!
- This course is not intended for people looking for advanced knowledge on internet security and privacy.
Dr. Michael Biocchi has his PhD, Masters of Science, as well as his Bachelor of Computer Science. Dr. Biocchi is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and teaches university courses on a variety of Computer Science topics.
Security and Privacy is a major concern, especially with using today's technologies. Many workplaces are adopting new technologies and policies but are not taking into account the security and privacy concerns that may arise. Dr. Biocchi is looking to expand the knowledge and correct the misconceptions people have about internet security and privacy.
He has also written a book titled "A Brief Guide to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans" to go along with the Udemy course under the same name. You can order his book from Amazon as well as his fictional crime novels (Criminal, PhD, The List of 11, and more)