Securing Applications on the Cloud
What you'll learn
- Tackle security challenges related to cloud applications.
- Manage various cloud delivery and deployment models.
- Secure data on the cloud by mastering business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Eliminate the risks associated with cloud infrastructure by performing VAPT.
- Integrate security in software development life cycles.
- Perform security testing of cloud applications using SAST/DAST tools and manual penetration testing.
- Secure your cloud infrastructure using various security solutions such as WAF, DAM, SSL, TLS, and more.
- This course assumes you are already familiar with basic security practices and are ready to focus on cloud-specific issues.
When organizations move applications to the cloud they increase their security risks. As a cloud security professional, you have to implement more security controls over how data and applications are protected on the cloud. The cloud is a major technology shift and hence there is an inevitable need to provide it with a strong authentication framework.
This course will show you how to protect your cloud applications from costly security breaches. You will learn to overcome cloud infrastructure security challenges, implement business continuity and disaster recovery planning, and apply a variety of approaches to encrypting your data. You will also learn to perform security testing of the applications hosted on cloud services, and various security solutions to secure your application data on the cloud.
By the end of this video course, take your knowledge to the next level by learning to protect your business-critical applications from external and internal threats throughout their entire life cycle, from design to implementation to production.
About the Author
Tajinder Kalsi is an innovative professional with more than 9 years' progressive experience within the information security industry. He has a good amount of knowledge and experience in web application testing, vulnerability assessment, network penetration testing, and risk assessment. At present, he is working as an information security consultant. He started his career with Wipro as a technical associate, and later on he became an ISMS consultant-cum-technical evangelist. In his free time, he conducts seminars in colleges all across India on various topics, in more than 125 colleges; he has spoken to 10,000+ students. Tajinder is a certified ISO 27001:2013 Auditor. Tajinder authored Practical Linux Security Cookbook published by Packt Publishing. He has also reviewed the following books: Web Application Penetration Testing with Kali Linux and Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing. He has also authored three video courses with Packt: Getting Started with Pentensing, Finding and Exploiting Hidden Vulnerabilities, and Pentesting Web Applications. He is best described as dedicated, devoted, and determined and a person who strongly believes in making his dreams come true. He defines himself as a tireless worker, who loves to laugh and make others laugh. He is also very friendly and level-headed.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for IT security professionals who are involved with IT architecture security and web application and cloud security. Anyone who needs to keep cloud applications secure will benefit from this course.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.