Secure Your WordPress Website with HTTPS for Free
- 38 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to work with CloudFlare services
- How to generate and install SSL certificate on your web server
- How to force HTTPS access to your website
- How to fix the common error of mixed content
- How to test the security level of your website
- You need access to your hosting account, your WordPress website and your domain registrar
In this course, I will show you step by step how to make your WordPress website secure using a free SSL certificate issued by Cloudflare.
Google prefers HTTPS over an HTTP connection. This is very important for the ranking of your website.
No matter how good your SEO is, an unsecured connection will have a big negative impact on the position of your website in search results.
A few years ago, it was quite expensive to have SSL certificate on your server to be able to offer HTTPS connection. These days, you can have your own SSL certificate for free.
Not only you will improve your Google ranking, your visitors and customers will be sure your communication with them is secured which is especially important for payments!
There are basically three methods of secured connection as shown in the image below. I will show you how to achieve the most secure configuration of those three options, the Full SSL (strict).
Full SSL (strict) requires you to have on your server a valid certificate issued by a certification authority.
What you will learn:
- How to create and secure your CloudFlare account.
- How to generate your own SSL certificate backed by COMODO ECC Certification Authority and valid for 15 years
- How to install your SSL certificate to your WordPress hosting using Cpanel
- How to make sure that your Admin Dashboard will be accessible via HTTPS connection and you won't lose the access to your WordPress administration
- How to force HTTPS connection for every visitor of your website, even if they use old unsecured links
- How to test the security level and configuration of your HTTPS connection. My method will give you the highest Grade A in all four tests!
- Anyone with unsecured website with HTTP connection who wants to improve their Google ranking and SEO
In this lecture, I will give you three good reasons for migrating your website from HTTP to HTTPS protocol.
In this lecture, I will show you how to get a free CloudFlare account you will use to set up your own HTTPS access to your WordPress website.
In this lecture, I will show you the process of generating SSL certificate and your private key you will later install on your web hosting server.