Practical Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) no geek speak
What you'll learn
- Find out what techniques to use to optimise a website for search engines like Google
- How to use those techniques on WordPress, Wix, Shopify or other websites
- Understand what keywords (or search terms) are and how to use them on a website
- Understand how images can be optimised for Google
- Find out what a meta-description is, what makes a good meta-description and how to update it
- Discover free online tools that will help optimise your website like a pro
- SEO techiques especially suitable for online shops
- SEO techniques especially suitable for bricks 'n mortar shops and premises
- SEO techniques especially suitable for work-from home freelancers, consultants and sole-traders
- Get great ideas for getting links to your website
- Have a website
- Have access to updating the website text and images
Fiona's simple and practical manner make understanding the complex world of SEO easy to understand and implement. Using a variety of business examples and a variety of website platforms, this course is amongst the best available.
Step-by-step videos with screenshots, examples, explanations and demonstrations. Carefully created and produced video tutorials. Lessons include;
Domain names and slugs
Writing content for SEO
Images and SEO
Optimisation writing tools for WordPress and non-WordPress websites
SEO for online shops
SEO for bricks and mortar shops and premises
SEO for work-from-home freelancers, consultants and sole traders
Fiona has the (unique in this space) ability to explain complex matters in a simple way, enabling the participant to move forward from where they are at. I now have a way forward with SEO for my website. SEO for beginners is great value and practically focussed. Fiona's skills are very valuable in a space so crammed with "technonerds".
Alan Crocker, Please Yourself Travel
This course is best for small, local businesses who have a multi-page website and are willing, capable and committed to writing plenty of text on their site. It suits e-commerce websites, sites with several pages describing the services provided and/or businesses who are writing or intending to write blog or news articles. Businesses who have benefited from implementing the strategies outlined in these videos include;
exercise and fitness therapist
bodycare and healthcare business
construction supply business
Who this course is for:
- Best suited to sole traders and small businesses who are willing and able to write about their products and services.
- Especially good for websites with blog articles, lots of pages that describe the services offered or online shops with lots of products.
- Great for SEO beginners
- Confidence in using a computer
Fiona is the digital marketing advisor with the Southern Business Mentor Panel in Adelaide, South Australia. These advisory sessions have provided insight into what the key problems and issues facing businesses with their online marketing are.
Fiona regularly presents seminars and workshops in digital marketing. From these face-to-face sessions Fiona has heard the questions sole traders and small businesses have about their websites, SEO and digital marketing.
Drawing upon the advisory sessions, seminars, workshops and her own clients, Fiona is able to present the complex world of digital marketing in a practical, simple, step-by-step manner. Her video training is amongst the best available.
Fiona is author of the book, 'Online Marketing for Baby Boomers, and anyone else who doesn't speak geek.'