Robust Scrum Master
What you'll learn
- Two one-on-one 25 minute coaching calls included! (Value: $150)
- Monthly coaching call
- You will get tools and checklists that take the stress out of being a Scrum Master
- You will learn the mindset of highly successful Scrum Masters
- You will learn how to set your daily, weekly, and monthly rhythm
- You will learn EXACTLY how to facilitate the planning, review, and retrospective meetings
- You will learn how to collaborate with managers
- You will learn a way to communicate through conflict
- You will learn the characteristics of a servant leader
- Hands-on homework + the coaching calls will build your confidence & clarity with all of the above
- A one to three day Scrum course (or equivalent experience).
- A willingness to spend the time needed to complete the homework assignments.
Although I have been doing project management for quite some time, it had been mostly waterfall based, and I started my first agile project using scrum six months ago. I had taken some classes in agile and scrum, and this project was the first time I had to apply what I had learned and I realized that I had many gaps.
The Robust Scrum master course was incredibly detailed and helped fill in those gaps. It provided wholistic guidance and practical “how-to” advice for facilitating the planning, review, and retrospective meetings. It helped validate what I was doing well, what I was missing, and where I could do better.
I highly recommend this course to those who want to improve their skills as a scrum master.
Updated in Spring 2020. Over 2500 students enrolled.
Do you feel like you're not yet a confident and successful Scrum Master?
Do you want to build confidence and clarity to facilitate the key Scrum meetings?
Do you want to collaborate effectively with managers?
Do you want to learn how to communicate through conflict?
Then this course is for you!
This course is the fastest path you can take to 'level up' your Scrum Master skills.
This course is for people who have taken a one to three day course on Scrum (or have equivalent experience) and want to ‘raise the bar’ on their skills. Introductory Scrum courses tell you ‘what’ you need to do but not ‘how’ to do it. This course shows you, through detailed examples and checklists, ‘how’ to be a Scrum Master.
In this course, you will learn:
The mindset of successful Scrum Masters. You will learn how your mindset influences your actions and how to construct an effective mindset.
How to create your daily, weekly, and monthly rhythms. What do you need to do every day as a Scrum Master? What do you need to do every week and every month?
The ABC technique: How to build relationships with key people in your organization to increase the success of your Scrum teams.
EXACTLY how to facilitate the planning, review, and retrospective meetings. When you become an effective facilitator, you will radically improve your team’s cohesion and velocity.
A way to communicate through conflict. Learn how to break down every difficult conversation into four steps.
How to collaborate with managers on Scrum. You will learn what managers care about and how they think about Scrum. You will learn how to set up and launch an Enterprise Agile Team.
The characteristics of a servant leader and how to increase your ability to serve the team.
You will get tools and checklists that take the STRESS out of being a Scrum Master.
In addition to the course material, you will receive two one-on-one 25 minute coaching sessions with me. I will share with you what I’ve learned training and consulting at Carbonite, edX, Paypal, Symantec, Philips, Verizon, and a dozen other companies. You will also be invited to a group monthly coaching call. In addition, you’ll be able to ask questions at any time using the questions area of the course. This is like having a PERSONAL TUTOR as you ‘level up’ your Scrum Master skills.
Who am I? I am the co-author of Professional Scrum with Team Foundation Server, Why Agile Works: The Values Behind the Results, and Agile Coaching:Wisdom from Practitioners. I am a former VP of Corporate Strategy at Softricity, founder of Inquira (acquired by Oracle), and a PhD in Computer Science from MIT.
I am here to pump you up as you deepen your understanding of Scrum and improve your Scrum Master skills!
The course is designed to be taken over eight weeks. If you follow this plan, you will spend approximately half an hour per day on the course. The first one or two days of every week will focus on videos and during the remainder of the week you will be doing assignments.
Warning: This course is HARD. I like to say, “Practice in proportion to your aspirations.” If you are ready to sweat blood to become a better Scrum Master, I invite you to look at Section 3 of the course to see if this course is a good fit for you.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617 575 9707.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people who have taken a one to three day course on Scrum or have equivalent experience
- "Practice in proportion to your aspirations." This course is HARD. If you are planning on kicking back while watching videos, this course is not for you!
I’m committed to helping my students learn not just what to do as a Scrum/Agile professional but, more importantly, the nitty-gritty details of how to do it.
My students build their skills and their confidence to apply those skills in real-world settings.
My own real-world experience includes founder roles, corporate strategy roles, and for the last 10+ years, being an Agile/Scrum coach and trainer. I know there’s a gap between the knowledge you learn in a certification course and the tools you need to bring that knowledge to life in an organization. It’s my privilege to help my students to bridge that gap.
* Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC). As of September, 2021 there are fewer than 150 CECs in the world.
* MIT PhD in Computer Science
* Co-author of Professional Scrum with TFS and Why Agile Works
* Cofounder of Inquira, acquired by Oracle
* VP of Corporate Strategy at Softricity, acquired by Microsoft
* Agile/lean coach and trainer at Apple, edX, Carbonite, EMC, Intuit, Philips, Visa, Verizon, State Street and many others