Scrum 101- A fundamental look at the agile Scrum Master role
What you'll learn
- A fundamental understanding of Scrum theory, definitions and the Scrum Values as per the Scrum guide
- A thorough review of the 3 roles, the 5 events and the 3 artifacts that make up Scrum
- An A to Z of Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master, 100% focused on the current Scrum Guide,the definitive guide to Scrum. Anything else just isn't Scrum!
- This new course, developed in 2019 is specifically designed around the latest Scrum guide.
- Learn how to get a Certification in Scrum without paying out thousands of dollars
- A deep dive into the history of Scrum focusing on topics like Lean, Waterfall and the emergence of Agile
- Combination of animated videos, audio, fact-sheets and quizzes to breakdown Scrum /Scrum Master and present it in a way that helps you to fully understand Scrum
- No Prerequisites or requirements
Let me be up front about this course. I cannot teach you everything about being a Scrum Master in an hour or two. I doubt if anyone can. But what I have done is taken the Scrum guide, which is the core of Scrum, stripped it down to the bone and rebuilt it, trying to give lessons that cover all the Scrum basics in a simple and easy to understand set of lessons.
That being said, it is comprehensive in covering all areas of Scrum basics, starting with the history of Scrum, moving onto definitions, theory and values, before a deep dive into the the 3 Scrum roles, the 5 Scrum events and the 3 Scrum Artifacts.
I have cross referenced this course with a number of the popular Scrum master certifications like the PSM1 and the CSM to make sure it covers all the areas needed.
You should take this course if you want a thorough understanding of what Scrum is, either as a beginner, perhaps joining an agile environment for the first time or as a Scrum Master who wants to improve their core knowledge of Scrum.
If you are taking your first scrum master certification, I have also designed another course which provides over 120 exam questions and answers. We believe that these two go hand in hand. The aim is that, at the end, you will be able to pass an exam (like the professional Scrum master (PSM1) exam*)
This new course is developed in Sept 2019. We use a combination of animation videos (not just power-point with voice-overs), audio, fact-sheets and quizzes to breakdown Scrum and the Scrum Master role and present it in a way that helps you to fully understand Scrum
So, if this what you need, I hope you enjoy!
*Please note, we are not affiliated with Scrum dot org or the Scrum Alliance etc. Though our course is perfectly suited to those about to take their initial Scrum Master certification
Who this course is for:
- For any Scrum student who is entering an agile environment for the first time, this is a great introduction
- Perfect preparation course for students who are preparing to take their initial Scrum Master certification exams
- Scrum Masters and for agile practitioners who want to have a complete and thorough grounding of the Scrum guide, the scrum body of knowledge
- For any student who does not wish to spend a thousand plus of dollars to get up to speed in Scrum, then this is the course for you
- NB: Though this course will help to prepare you for certification like the PSM1 from Scrum,org, it is not affiliated to this organisation
My name is Dave Keenan. I first came across agile about 12 years ago, which is really only a few years after it all began. To be honest, from the first time I started to learn about it, I was hooked. I thought it could really evolve how we work together.
It was logical, simple and dare I say it, focused on people instead of treating people like cogs in the machine
I have worked as a project manager, a Scrum master, a product owner and now as a lead agile coach, for some of the larger companies, from Amazon to Accenture and I continually work on evolving to more agile practices.
My special area of focus is in human centered approaches to creating better work environments.