Scrum Expert: Level 2 - Product Ownership
What you'll learn
- Maximize ROI - the most important responsibility of a Product Owner.
- Motivate Scrum teams in a way that a Product Owner can use.
- Understand what a Product Owner is and the role they play in Scrum.
- Differentiate between the Product Owner role and other roles.
- Understand the responsibilities of a Product Owner.
- Write powerful product vision statements.
- Create compelling user personas.
- We strongly recommend that you have completed our "Scrum Expert: Level 1" course.
- At a minimum, you have read the Scrum Guide, the Agile Manifesto, and can tell the difference between Dark Scrum and Ideal Scrum.
This course will teach you everything you need to know about product ownership in Scrum. You'll learn about the product owner's responsibilities, how to motivate Scrum teams, and how to maximize ROI. By the end of the course, you'll be equipped with the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful product owner.
Sign up now!
As a product owner, one of your key responsibilities is to accept or reject work completed by the Scrum team. This can be a difficult task, as you need to balance the team's needs with the needs of the business.
There are a few factors to consider when making the decision to accept or reject work. First, you need to consider the quality of the work. Is it up to the standards you expect? Second, you need to consider the business value of the work. Will it help to achieve the product vision? Finally, you need to consider the impact of the work on the Scrum team. Will it help or hinder their progress?
Making the decision to accept or reject work is not always easy, but it is a crucial part of the product owner's role.
As the product owner, you play a key role in motivating the Scrum team. Motivation is important for any team, but it is especially important for Scrum teams, as they need to be self-motivated in order to be successful.
There are a few things you can do to help motivate the Scrum team. First, you can help to create a positive and supportive environment. Second, you can provide clear and concise direction. Third, you can give the team the autonomy they need to be successful. And finally, you can recognize and reward good work.
By taking on the role of motivator, you can help the Scrum team to achieve their goals!
Sign up now!
Who this course is for:
- Business Analysts and anyone involved with requirements gathering
- Product Owners and Product Managers
- Scrum Masters who need to support Product Owners
- Also suitable for people managing Product Owners including functional managers and project managers
- And, of course, also for anyone who aspires to become a Product Owner!
The BERTEIG Institute is a post-secondary educational body specializing in management consulting, coaching and training for knowledge work industries. Our founder, Mishkin Berteig, is one of the world's leading Agile practitioners and educators having started his journey to Real Agility™ in 1999.
The BERTEIG Institute was founded in 2004 is recognized by organizations globally as the premium provider of Agile training. We have done live training with over 15000 people in Scrum, Kanban, leadership, and software development agility.
BERTEIG clients include Ericsson, Suncor, RBC Royal Bank, Scotiabank, Roche Pharmaceuticals, the Government of Canada, Schlumberger and many other global and regional organizations.
BERTEIG Institute is a brand of BERTEIG Consulting Inc.