Screenwriting: What makes a good story?
What you'll learn
- The first question you need to ask before you write anything.
- The difference between good and bad writing.
- What some industry experts have to say about Story.
- The different genres of writing
- An introduction to the Hero's journey
- How to generate your own ideas
- How to get feedback on your script
- Exercises to get you thinking and writing
- The importance of conflict
- You need a willingness to learn and a story to tell.
In this course we will show you the first question you need to ask before you sit down to write your screenplay or TV pilot and the importance of conflict. We will examine what some industry experts have to say on the subject of how to craft a captivating narrative, show you how to generate ideas, get important feedback on your script, and set assignments so you can begin to write that great story.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in Film and TV.
Paul is a professional screenwriter who currently has a TV show in development with a major Los Angeles production studio. One of his feature films received funding from multiple international sources and featured at the Cannes Film Festival.
He holds a Masters in Film and Television Studies from Dublin City University.