The average TV writer in the UK makes between £15,000 ($22,000 USD) to £35,000 ($52,000USD) per hour of TV they write. Writers in the USA make much more. They do this by creating professional scripts that tell strong stories and carry an emotional punch.
Enrolling on "Screenwriting For Beginners" will give you a well-tested system for doing precisely this. Becoming good at this system will massively increase your chances of success in one of perhaps THE most lucrative - and enjoyable - forms of creative writing.
I'm currently Acting Head of Drama Development at a well-established British independent TV production company. Since 1995 I've worked as a screenwriter and script-editor on some of the most popular British TV dramas. I've written or script-edited over 50 hours of broadcast TV, across genres such as crime, medical drama, science fiction and childrens' drama.
What do people say about my previous teaching methods?
"WONDERFUL. Concise, clear, and uber-informative, to coin a phrase."
- Joe Whyte, Walt Disney Feature Animation, Los Angeles, USA
"Phil has a comprehensive understanding of dramatic structure and genre, enthusiasm for developing and strengthening stories, extensive knowledge of the development process, an understanding of the inner workings of drama commissioning across all channels - and first hand experience as a writer of the tricks and traps of the trade."
- Kath Mattock, double Bafta winning producer of 'The Cops', 'Buried' and 'The Queen's Sister', London, UK
"As senior media executive in the states with over 20 years experience producing TV and running a major TV/Recording Studio I've recently dedicated myself to writing full time. With numerous awards and credits under my belt I see incredible value and insights in Phil's newsletters and book. You need not look further to find proven steps to help take your project to the next level. I'm incorporating Phil's work into my original feature projects, and already can see and feel an improvement. And this is just the start for me... I'm thrilled I found Phil... You will be too!"
- Andy Kadison, New York, USA
In this 90 minute (feature length!) course I distill all my experience into a simple-to-follow, step-by-step script writing process. This is a highly practical insider's guide to screenwriting as it is actually done in the real world.
The course uses video and downloadable extra written materials. It starts with the blank page, helps you brainstorm your story world and find your lead characters, then guides you gently through the whole story creation and writing process, leaving you happy and fulfilled and printing off your first draft.
The course used the exact techniques that I apply in my daily work writing and editing scripts for internationally sold TV shows. I developed the course from my successful "Screenwriting Goldmine" book.
All you need to do is follow the detailed instructions and you will write a screenplay that has commercial success hard-wired into it.
Among many other things, in this course you'll find:
- The single most important principle of telling a story.
- How to make sure that your story is the best possible story you could tell about your hero. (Every character has one supreme story and I explain how to find it.)
- How you create your Villain – and how to make sure they are the best possible antagonist for your story.
- How to find so much story material you'll have trouble deciding what to leave out.
- The 4 Tent Poles of your story that you MUST find before you start writing.
- The 14 beats you can use to grip your audience. (These are general beats, and work across any story, any genre.)
- A specific plan for your Act 1 that means you never have to worry about how to start a story again. (Imagine how it would feel to know that all you have to do is follow the story shape here and you will have a universally appealing start to your story.
- 9 simple Rules of Thumb to help you write scenes and dialogue.
- Plus ‘Action Step’ lists after every chapter to summarise exactly what you have to do next.
And so much more...
After taking this course you will know how to :
- Create solid, rounded, memorable characters.
- Construct a story with a solid act structure and a strong emotional punch.
- Write a script with strong commercial possibilities and appeal.
- Use these skills across all forms of dramatic story-telling - the screenplay for TV or Film, the stage, or radio drama.
- Use these techniques to revive and improve a script that isn't working.
I’ve been there, and I’m going to show you the way. Think about it...
To your writing!
P.S. At some point you need to stop dreaming, and start taking action. Life is short, and you’ve got scripts to get made. Just scroll up and click "Take This Course" now to start on your journey to becoming a bestselling screenwriter.