Screencast: Offsite Faculty or Team Development
- Know how to open and save files on a computer
- Novamind mindmapping software or a general equivalent
- Screenflow or Camtasia for screen casting and post recording editing
- Ideally an external camera and microphone to improve quality
- Interest in learning the basics of this technology
- If you have a project in mind work though it lesson by lesson
This is a course for busy faculty members or business owners who need to communicate with employees or faculty who work in off-site locations. It demonstrates rapid and efficient means of organizing files, creating a mind-map presentation which can be used through the series, and screen-casting to tie the material together. This will emphasize both the "big picture" and the necessary details. Basic information about saving the files and where to host the videos to allow your learners access will finish up the class.
This is not a detailed course examining every option within each software package, as there are several excellent Udemy classes which already accomplish this task. Rather, take this course to learn the key details in less than two hours. You can hone your skills over time.
Videos, sample mindmaps, and assignments represent the course materials. Bring your own project and work through it so that you will have a meaningful product by the time you finish the course.
Who this course is for:
- University faculty
- Post graduate faculty
- Graduate medical education faculty
- Business owners who need to communicate with independent contractors
- Team leaders communicating with non-local individuals
- 01:38Course overview and purpose
- 02:09Who am I?
- 02:10Concise vs. Complete
- 2 questionsWhat's this whole thing about?
I am a physician with a specialty in psychiatry and a sub-specialty in forensic psychiatry. I am an Associate Professor and Residency Training Director and the University of Nevada School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry in Las Vegas, NV. In the context of graduate medical education, outreach to community based faculty is a necessary and important task to ensure educational standards throughout the system. My interests include models of psychotherapy and hypnosis, topics within forensic psychiatry, and areas related to consciousness research.