Join us for the first in a series of workshops on learning a new parenting language.
In this workshop we will cover:
1. Helping you understand why kids with special, additional or higher emotional needs (fizzy kids as we like to call them!) require a different parenting approach.
2. Making you aware of the language you currently use with your kids and asking whether it's working.
3. Helping you start to re-learn to be the parent your kid needs you to be by learning a new parenting language.
Our transformative parenting approach will improve your parental mental health by getting you back in control of your emotions and helping your kids become more regulated in the meantime. It will transform your family dynamics and gives you something really tangible to do differently with your kids by providing a practical tool that brings together the best of therapeutic, mindful and intentional parenting techniques.
Your child may have a diagnosed special or additional need or they may just be highly sensitive and taking longer to reach emotional maturity. You may have tried different parenting techniques but nothing feels like it is working.
Wherever you are on your parenting journey, you are welcome here. FizzyKids is a supportive and non-judgemental community - we're just re-learning to be the parents our fizzy kids need us to be one messy step at a time.
Who this course is for:
- Parents and family members who have kids with special, additional and emotional needs
- Professional carers, teachers and support workers who work with kids with additional needs
- Anyone who wants to learn a new, responsive approach to interacting with kids
Hi, I'm Ali, Mum to two kids with emotional, special and additional needs.
I set up FizzyKids with the aim of transforming the lives of the 20% of families who have kids with additional needs and who display big feelings and big behaviours.
After years of struggling to manage my kids' challenging behaviours and support them with their additional needs, I developed a Parenting Language which dramatically improved our family dynamics by helping me control and regulate my emotions and which over time, helped my kids do the same.
Suddenly, I had different things to say to my kids during those really tough moments, and no longer triggered their behaviours. My mental health improved, I came off anti-depressants and our family started becoming better connected and in tune with each other.
I have 20 years of corporate strategy and transformation experience and am a Chartered Environmentalist. When not on my FizzyKids mission you'll find me in or on the water or on the ski slopes - anything that involves being outside and with friends, who are my absolute backbone... especially when they're pouring me a glass of wine.