Intro to SceneKit. An easy to use iOS 3D framework.
- You should have Xcode 6 already installed.
- You should have basic experience with the swift programming language.
The future of software is going to be 3D. If you watched the 2015 F8 Facebook Keynote you'll know that they are focusing on 3D virtual reality with oculus rift.
Yeah yeah, 3D is cool but isn't 3D like really hard to develop? ...usually it is but Apple has released a framework called SceneKit that makes it pretty darn simple.
This is your chance to get ahead of the technological curve and become proficient with the next generation of 3D frameworks.
This course will give you an introduction to Apple's easy to use 3D framework called SceneKit. In this course you will learn how to draw objects to the screen and modify their appearance, position, and lighting. You can use this to get your feet wet for 3D game development or better yet as a way create apps with a 3D UI.
You will use playgrounds exclusively so that you can follow along without a device. All you need is Xcode 6.
You will program everything in Swift.
Who this course is for:
- People who want to learn how to create 3D environments using SceneKit. This is a "get your feet wet" where you will draw your first objects using Xcode playgrounds.
- This is just an intro course. If you need a full survey of SceneKit in order to create physics based games I may do that in a later course, but this course does not cover that.
- People who enjoy a fast paced instructor. If you need me to talk slowly that's not gonna happen.... (luckily you can replay the videos)
I'm an entrepreneur who has created several apps for iOS. I dropped out of school and taught myself how to program because my college was way behind the technology curve and didn't offer modern programming courses. I hope to help people who are in the same position I was and want to teach themselves how to program cool apps for modern technology.